Battlefield 3 Performance Questions

Post your recommended stereoscopic 3D separation/convergence settings along with game performance recommendations.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Battlefield 3 Performance Questions

Post by Neil »

Hello everyone!

I'm gaming with an AMD HD7950 Boost with the latest DDD TriDef drivers. My CPU is a 1090T running at just over 3.2Ghz with a 1866Mhz RAM speed. I've done a lot of optimizations on my system - not a serious overclock - just enough to get the equipment performing as fast as it should (getting 1866+ Mhz RAM on an AMD requires some finagling with the bus speed, HT, etc.). I'd say the overclock is only about 50Mhz on the CPU and RAM.

The AMD HD7950 Boost is just a reference AMD HD7950 with the firmware upgrade that clocks it at 925Mhz during high processing times. Well worth it if you haven't done this already.

I find that the BF3 performance doesn't effectively improve as you decrease your game settings. I can get as low as 20 FPS in 64 player maps (when there are 64 players). It has highs of 46FPS - but when it chugs, it chugs! The more players, the bigger the speed reduction - that's for sure.

How are others doing with BF3 in 3D on DDD drivers? Any tips?

Regards,
Neil
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Battlefield 3 Performance Questions

Post by cybereality »

Sounds like the game is CPU limited, since you don't get any benefit from lowering settings.

Return to “Best Game Settings (DDD)”