3D Video Wizard Console

sinean
One Eyed Hopeful

3D Video Wizard Console

Post by sinean »

Would love to see a review of this unit by people in this forum.
How does this compare with 3dtv, 3d monitors. I know it will not be as good but how good is it.

Would be nice if they made a polarized version and/or an active version. Hopefully in the future.

I may break down and get it. Just to play with it. I like my toys.

http://www.cellnorth.com/3dwizard.htm
Asus Sabertooth P67
Intel I5@4.5ghz
16gigs of Gskill 1600@1866
850Watt Pc&c Power supply
6950's in Crossfire
Windows 7 Premium x64
12.8 drivers
Vizio E3D320vx
Samsung S27A950D
LG WH12LS39 3D Blu-ray
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Re: 3D Video Wizard Console

Post by Likay »

Probably works in a similar way as the automatic 2d-3d conversions on tv-sets. Don't be too picky about 3d-quality. In a matter of fact, don't be picky at all.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
sinean
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by sinean »

Been reading up on it. Its not a conversion. Its an actually 3d device. Instead of 3d signal handled by the 3d monitor or tv this device handles it externally and feeds to the tv. Ps3 detects the 3d video wizard as a 3d output device. It will convert 2d to 3d but seems like that doesn't work to well but 3d blueray, computer or ps3 outputing 3d content to the video wizard is supposed to be great. Just haven't seen any reviews from someone that knows what proper 3d is supposed to look like and how this compares.
Asus Sabertooth P67
Intel I5@4.5ghz
16gigs of Gskill 1600@1866
850Watt Pc&c Power supply
6950's in Crossfire
Windows 7 Premium x64
12.8 drivers
Vizio E3D320vx
Samsung S27A950D
LG WH12LS39 3D Blu-ray
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

Looking at their video it seems this thing does take a 3D signal as input and outputs anaglyph (yellow/blue) on any 2D TV. Waste of time and money IMO, even if it does only cost $99.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

The conversion software is probably crap (mostly everything is) but it could be cool to play real 3D games in anaglyph. A lot of people discount anaglyph completely, but its actually not horrible all things considered.
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

If you've got a PC with a NVIDIA GPU you can stil watch 3D movies and play 3D games in anaglyph without paying anything, don't you ?
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Yes, you can do that on AMD also. I was thinking specifically about consoles like PS3.
wheelsdonny
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by wheelsdonny »

EDITED BY MODERATOR

Hey all you peeps.

I'm a new poster to this site, as in: just signed up fifteen minutes ago.

My topic is indeed THE 3D WIZARD: I see that it's been touched-upon, but not much.

Has Anybody out there seen or heard anything to affirm the quality of this product?

I haven't yet established the manufacturer, but they've got an ambitious product. From a supposed spec-sheet:

I also have a pressing TECHNICAL question with which I could use some very-quick assistance from ANYone, ASAP.

HOW Can I get 3D on my non-3D laptop monitor, using this 3D Wizard device -- USING my laptop as a source -- while it works fine on the TV (I know it works because the TV responds when I use the 3D Wizard's Remote Control. ) I haven't yet tested the 3D's quality - I've only seen it works. My ultimate goal was to see it on the monitor.

As per instructions, I've plugped the Laptop via HDMI into INPUT 1 Port of the 3D Wizard, then connected the TV (via HDMI) into the OUTPUT port of the 3D Wizard -- and the 3D effects come over the television!!!! BUt not on the laptop screen.

There must be a method in Windows settings to produce the 3D effects on the monitor WITH - or INSTEAD OF - the TV.????? [[Nvidia recognizes the 3D Box as "3D Wizard 3D Device". I've tried duplicating the displays; nothing.]]

Can anyone offer any suggestions as to HOW I can get the 3D effects to play on my laptop's monitor (using my laptop's HDMI as an INPUT source on the 3D WIZARD) abd not just my TV?

Any information would be so greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Don

PS: Is "FRAME PACKED 3D" a synonym for "FRAME-SEQUENTIAL 3D????"
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

If your laptop does not have a 3D screen, then you can't get real 3D on it. I mean, you could do anaglyph (ie red/cyan glasses), but you could do that without this wizard thing. You also cannot input video onto the laptop's screen from an external source, I don't know of any laptops that allow this. The HDMI port can only be used as an output, ie to an HDTV. Even then, you would need an HDMI 1.4a compatible laptop and a 3D HDTV if you wanted to see real 3D on it. Sorry.

Frame-packed and frame-sequential are two different things. Frame-packed refers to the HDMI 1.4a format where both images (left/right) are on one frame above and below each other at full resolution with a small blank area in between. Frame sequential is when one frame comes directly after the other and are flipped back and forth between eyes.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

wheelsdonny... colored big letters, all specs disguised as a question... conclusion.... :roll:
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

wow, no sign of someone pushing their product here or anything like that
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
Neil

Post by Neil »

Hi Don,

With respect, I'm uncertain if the above was a spam post versus a real authentic post. Please feel welcome here. However, be aware that companies that have tried to self promote in our forums with flashy text, avatars, post seeding, and lots of other stuff end up sorry in the end. They destroy their reputations, the MTBS community makes them invisible, and it's just not good for their business. Believe me, we've seen it all.

Our members will be happy to answer your question. Please be mindful of how posts come across in our forums.

Thanks in advance,
Neil

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”