Curved surround gaming screen With finished chassis new pics

Discuss stereoscopic 3D games and gaming technologies for console (e.g. XBOX, PS3)
mayaman
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Curved surround gaming screen With finished chassis new pics

Post by mayaman »

Built this over the weekend. It came out far beyond my expectations. I am adding side curtains to run triple projectors. Its gonna rock. More pics this weekend with it running.

Last edited by mayaman on Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Pics of where I play Stereo games. I think you'll like.

Post by cybereality »

Not too shabby. Nice work.

Also, any chance of getting a picture of it when its one (as in with the lights off and playing a game)?
mayaman

Post by mayaman »

Yeah I'll have pics this weekend when I head back to my parents place. I built the first prototype there because I had the space in my old bedroom. The next version for my apartment is going to collapse better for storage and have the side curtains built in. I know it looks simplistic but I can't convey how immersion it is when the screen is in place. I'm going to keep playing PS3 in 3D on it but when I install the curtains I'm going triple 1080p for sure.

It doesn't look like much but so far I like love it. And it was an easy build.
crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Post by crim3 »

Very nice.
Which projector?
Zalman Trimon ZM-M220W / Acer H5360 with Another Eye2000 shutters / nVIDIA GTX760
mayaman

Post by mayaman »

Right now its a Optoma GT720 and its nice. But I'm looking to get a 1080p projector for my 3 projector setup. Which would give me the brightest most brilliant picture? Which would work in the setup I have now. Must be short throw I'm guessing.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Nice!
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
Chiefwinston
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Chiefwinston »

Really very nice. I'd like a screen set-up like that plus a multi axis tilting seat frame. There are some really nice and simple to build simulator seat designs available. Ive been studying the wiper motor designs and the pneumatic actuation designs for a while. Its something I will build in the future for my families game room. Thanks for the postings- its inspirational.

cheers everyone
AMD HD3D
i7
DDD
PS3
Panasonic Plasma VT25 50" (Full HD 3D)
Polk Audio- Surround 7.1
Serving up my own 3D since 1996.
(34) Patents
mayaman

Post by mayaman »

Here are some pics of the setup running GT5. Crystal clear and tons of immersion. This is the full chassis with F1 style frame, suspension, mounted gated shifter, Clubsport pedals mounted to the frame as well as the steering wheel. Final component will be a D-box motion platform and the other two projectors for the rest of the 180 degree screen. Almost finished with this project. So I can get back to online gaming. Been kinda obsessed with finishing it. :)

Notice the curvature of the screen and how that surrounds your field of view with minimal distortion thanks to keystone correction. You literally get almost zero distortion except at the extreme edges, which your eyes can't see any way. With the other two screens and two more projectors there will be ZERO distortion and you'll have a full 180 degree view. :D

motorman45
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Curved surround gaming screen With finished chassis new

Post by motorman45 »

That is an awsome rig. ive been working on a large curved screen setup in 3D. ive got a video demultiplexer that warps the image for mapping a curved surface for 2 projectors in passive 3d. here is a video of the warping ability of the rig. i still need to make the right screen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0OWvLBO ... ure=relmfu
mayaman

Post by mayaman »

Thanks man, I've since gone waaaay beyond this. I'm now running a triple projector 130 degree surround screen with dbox and force feedback. I've also got a couple other goodies I haven't revealed yet

Thanks
motorman45
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by motorman45 »

i would love to see what youve done since. i have done multi projector wide screen and 3D before. ive got access to really nice video processors that do edge blending and demultiplexing for multi projector passive 3D, i just dont have a space at the moment to build a large curved screen. the video is a portable rig i show
mayaman

Post by mayaman »

I'm currently using ng immersive display pro warping software.
motorman45
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by motorman45 »

very cool. ive used that as well. i switched to a hardware based unit the VNS Geobox G502 for doing that as it takes DVI,HDMI or Display Port and puts out HDMI for warping, edge blending demulitplexing for 3D on multi projector setups. its not cheap~$2k . its more of a pro AV setup but makes for amazing gaming. the PC based setups are more affordable as one needs 4 projectors and 2 edge blending boxes to make a super wide curved screen passive 3d system. you dont need all that or edge blending if you jsut use the 501 box , that and 2 DLP projectors i setup to make 140" warpable 3d image. thats whats in the video.
this is hard core gaming at its best
mayaman

Post by mayaman »

Cool but software has gotten so good that I think you can get very similar results with software solution. It'll task longer to setup for sure but it's actually fun and you save 1700 dollars. Watch my videos on YouTube. :)

Mayamanign
motorman45
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by motorman45 »

Here is my latest 3D rig, portable all in one. playing CoD black ops http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBBZry-2gSE

Return to “3D Console Gaming”