Nvidia 3D TV Play without Nvidia 3D Vision

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
markmnl
One Eyed Hopeful

Nvidia 3D TV Play without Nvidia 3D Vision

Post by markmnl »

I want to play DOOM 3 BFG on Quad Buffer (which I am guessing is Frame Packed), rather than side-by-side, on my Samsung 3D TV.

I meet all the requirements for 3D TV Play: http://www.nvidia.com/object/3dtv-play- ... ments.html, and have successfully installed the software.

My TV is connected with a 1.4 cable and I have made it my primary screen.

However when I select Quad Buffer (in DOOM 3 BFG's settings) my TV doesn't enter any 3D mode...

I suspect I need to enable 3D Stereoscopic in the Nvidia control panel - but when I try to it always runs the 3D Vision setup wizard - I dont have 3D Vision! I know it used to be a requirment for 3D TV Play but its apparently not any more - so I how do I get 3D TV Play to work?!
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Nvidia 3D TV Play without Nvidia 3D Vision

Post by cybereality »

It sounds like the Nvidia driver is not enabled. You should see it listed under "stereoscopic settings" in the Nvidia control panel. That will let you select Nvidia 3DTV Play and run a test to make sure it works. Not sure why it would make you do the 3D Vision setup, strange. Honestly not sure what the problem is, the Nvidia drivers can be really finicky if you don't have the exact hardware they want you to have.
markmnl
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by markmnl »

I had to set my TV as the primary display before the option on the Nvidia control panel would work - now it runs the setup for 3D Play TV - it worksing - its friking amazing - about 1 Million items better than side-by-side :woot
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Cool. Thanks for following up on this.

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”