Double vision in 1 eye?

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
vannblackwings
One Eyed Hopeful

Double vision in 1 eye?

Post by vannblackwings »

Hello everyone,

I have a really complicated question which I would be really grateful if someone could shed some light on.
I have a GTX 670, windows 8 and S27A750D Samsung monitor.

I have inf overrided the monitor so it works with nvidia 3d.

The only problem I have is that I seem to be seeing double in 1 eye of the glasses.
Its as if the second image is bleeding across into the other lense.

For example:

I am using frame sequential, and I know this work around does work correctly with this monitor. I just cant figure out why its not working for me and it only happens on 1 side of the glasses.

I really dont understand it..
thanks for your time :)
vannblackwings
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Double vision in 1 eye?

Post by vannblackwings »

Original
Left eye
Right eye
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

That looks like "ghosting", or technically known as stereoscopic cross-talk. It happens when there is constrasting colors like a black building on a light blue colored sky. When this happens some colors from one eye will "bleed" into the other eye. This is normal for LCD monitors, though some are better than others. For a no-ghosting experience you will need to use an HMD or DLP-based projector.
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

What cyber said.
vannblackwings wrote:I just cant figure out why its not working for me and it only happens on 1 side of the glasses.
It happens on both sides in fact. If you look carefully in the second image you posted you'll also see ghosting in the same place as the third image.

It's only less apparent because it's bright on dark as opposed to dark on bright in the 3rd one. But you can see that the corner of the pole is brighter.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

You can also try adjusting the monitor settings to see if it helps. I've noticed turning the contrast down (even to zero) may reduce ghosting on some monitors.

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”