passive 3D viewing angle

120Hz or Polarized, this is the place to share your findings on what's out there!
Blackrat
One Eyed Hopeful

passive 3D viewing angle

Post by Blackrat »

I have a row of monitors mounted on a multi-monitor-stand a little bit higher than usual, so I can use the printer and scanner below them.

If I understand correct, the small vertical viewing angle on FPR (passive 3D) displays has to do with the distance of the pixels (LCD panel) and the overlaying polarized filter substrate.

The only one FPR IPS monitor (Fujitsu P23T-6 FPR) I know, doesn't seem to improve the vertical viewing angle.

Any chance that IPS or other monitor technologies can improve the vertical angle for FPS displays in the near future?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: passive 3D viewing angle

Post by cybereality »

The upcoming monitors from Zalman are supposed to double the vertical viewing angle (from around 15 degrees to 30 degrees), not sure about other brands. Even so, you want to be basically on eye level with the monitor (or tilt it to eye level) for the best experience.
achanin
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by achanin »

Any idea on when the new Zalmon monitors with the larger vertical viewing angles are expected to come out?

Thanks,
Alex
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Honestly not sure they will ever come out, as Zalman has been very quiet about it.
tritosine5G
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by tritosine5G »

They can't seem to fix the bad temporal behavior (that's "funny motion" effectively ) and viewing angles of passive LCD displays and parallel "active matrix" polarized projectors cause the underlying technology relies on polarization of light, unsurprisingly it's quite angle dependent and even the extra brightness you get this way can be described as "spurious" / "funny" at best .
-Biased for 0 Gen HMD's to hell and back must be one hundred percent hell bent bias!
relaxman
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by relaxman »

LG D2343PD is better in vertical viewing angle than the 2342 model?
I have the 2342, but the crosstalk is so bad, that i cannot find
the point, where there is no crosstalk. If the top of the screen is ok,
the bottom is not, and vice versa.

So should i replace my monitor, or IPS only means better blacks?

Return to “3D Monitors”