how can i make/print parallax barrier?

Tutorials on how to create your own rigs, pics, movies, and everything that has to do with S-3D at home!
minimini
One Eyed Hopeful

how can i make/print parallax barrier?

Post by minimini »

hllow im am new here i am fron israel i need your help i want to buiild parallax barrier for my gasses-free 3d monitor i am jast going to use am in a games on iz3d and new i want to bulld one how can i make parallax barrier?
profvr
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: how can i make/print parallax barrier?

Post by profvr »

minimini wrote:hllow im am new here i am fron israel i need your help i want to buiild parallax barrier for my gasses-free 3d monitor i am jast going to use am in a games on iz3d and new i want to bulld one how can i make parallax barrier?

You can just print a static barrier. See the Siggraph 2011 course Building Your Own 3D Display, http://web.media.mit.edu/~mhirsch/byo3d/, specifically the set of slides "Unencumbered Displays".
minimini
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by minimini »

the link you give me it is work only with tow lcd displys how can i print my one parallax barrier?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

minimini
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by minimini »

Thank you! I've seen your video is why I came to this forum I just do not understand all - so what to do is how to print Can you help me and explain this to me?
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

The basic idea is that you print a black pattern on a piece of transparency paper. The pattern is a series of vertical lines, the should be about as thick as one column of pixels on your monitor. In this way the printed lines with block out every other column of pixels. If you mount the sheet on your monitor, there will be a small distance between the actual pixels and the barrier, which will allow for a "parallax" effect. In this way your left eye will see (for example) the odd columns and your right eye will see the even columns. When you run a 3D program in vertical interleave mode, then you will see the 3D image.

While this sounds simple enough, it still requires a certain amount of trial and error. This is because each monitor can be different sizes and resolutions, so one pattern will not work for every setup. Please read the tutorial I linked to (not just the video) as it explains better how to accomplish the project.
minimini
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by minimini »

But how do the action itself how to print to print the finale please explain to me how Mbtzaim this?
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

I'm sorry. I'm not sure I understand what you are asking.

Return to “Do it Yourself!”