Funny video of a dutch gamer floored by the rift

rmcclelland
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Funny video of a dutch gamer floored by the rift

Post by rmcclelland »

http://www.gamer.nl/video/375205/daniel ... ft-vr-bril

It starts about 1 minute it. Obviously the immersion has a major effect! He is basically rendered speechless.

Can't wait to try it myself. Wish I knew dutch.
marbas

Re: Funny video of a dutch gamer floored by the rift

Post by marbas »

Saw this a couple of days ago. Worst review so far.
IMO Waggle did the best job at reviewing it.
Nogard
Cross Eyed!

Post by Nogard »

Lets be fair to the guy, it is hard to gather your thoughts when your mind has just been blown.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Aha! Great stuff.
IGameArt

Post by IGameArt »

Haha that's quite funny watching his response, and watching him try to catch his breath. These kinds of reviews, even though he's not speaking much, it says so much more when the immersion is so great that you have a hard time catching your breath :P
Mind
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Mind »

IGameArt wrote:Haha that's quite funny watching his response, and watching him try to catch his breath. These kinds of reviews, even though he's not speaking much, it says so much more when the immersion is so great that you have a hard time catching your breath :P
But the second one of the guys mentioned that he got sick in the VR. Dycus told us that only a very few testers got sick while testing the Rift, but it is hard for me to believe that. In most videos that i saw, the testers mentioned that they got a little sick.
This is my major fear with the Rift. That many people, especially me, get sick in VR games. And yes, it is to early to make such a statement. Most of the testers had only a few minutes to test and i think that many of them tried to "break" the immersion. Like you see in the video from wangler. And John Carmack mentioned in his keynote that you should avoid some movements, because they make you sick quickly. Some of this comes thanks to the missing tracking of the position. With better tracking and lower latency, some of the cases where you can get sick now, will be gone in the future.
But how many will get sick and can't use headsets like the rift, we will only know in the future. But i am sure, that everyone here pray that he will not some of this poor persons. Think of this nightmare. VR will rock, but you can't use it, because you got sick every time in a few minutes.
Dycus

Post by Dycus »

I said we had three who said they got sick (motion sickness), and a few others who said they were a bit dizzy. The dizzy ones said they were sick at first, and we asked them to clarify. They then said they were just feeling a bit dizzy, but not nauseous or anything. Most of them were also standing up (slight head and body movements that do not show in the game can make the brain confused).

Of course, that's with quite limited testing (just a few hundred people). I don't know what percentage of the general populace would be just fine and what percent would get sick and/or dizzy.
lnrrgb

Post by lnrrgb »

Bless his soul:) - .....and while I'm thinking about it, anybody wondering if the mayans might have been on to something, but just missed it by.....that much? Dec 2012? Crossing the galactic "rift"? A change in human development.... a new way of looking at consciousness... at the universe around us.... ??? I cannot wait for Palmer's baby! I wonder if this new reality will come by way of....

UPS or Fedex?:)
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Ha! Yes maybe the Mayan's were correct. Reality ends in Dec 2012 and Virtual Reality begins!!!!

wuliheron
Cross Eyed!

Post by wuliheron »

cybereality wrote:Ha! Yes maybe the Mayan's were correct. Reality ends in Dec 2012 and Virtual Reality begins!!!!
Cool, we can all walk like an Egyptian and play with 3D hieroglyphs! :lol:

Return to “Oculus VR”