3D Bluray player Demultiplexing

BrainGrenade
One Eyed Hopeful

3D Bluray player Demultiplexing

Post by BrainGrenade »

I'm in the midst of building my 3D theater setup and I'm using a dual projector setup. One thing I haven't heard any talk about is demultiplexing an HDMI signal coming from one of the new 3D bluray Players. Does anybody know if there is anything in the works for this? I'd hate to go though all this work for nothing.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Re: 3D Bluray player Demultiplexing

Post by Likay »

If possible then you should be able to use the stereoscopic player. The only nag might be if (but i doubt it because of practical reasons) if it's hdcp encrypted. In that case you might have to rip the bluray first to be able to play it. I don't know any softs for this yet though.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

There is nothing like this out yet simply because there are no 3D BluRay discs widely available. I wouldn't be surprised if someone comes up with a way to do this, just give it some time. Most likely you will have to rip it and play with the Stereoscopic Player but I don't believe there is any ripping software which supports MVC.
BrainGrenade
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by BrainGrenade »

What I really want is to be able to do broadcast TV to my dual projector setup. If somebody came up with a box that took a single HDMI 3D input and output a stereoscopic pair of signals via two HDMI cables (left and right images on there own cables of course) then it would be possible. I don't think this would to hard to create... I guess I'll just have to invent it like I invented the basketball.... and color TV's.
quadrophoeniX
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by quadrophoeniX »

Even if it wasn't not too hard to make from a technical POV, what I doubt because you need a picture processor that reckognizes the used format (side-by-side, top-bottom, frame-packing) and has enough processing power to separate these (a simple field sequential is not part of the 3D BR standard), there would still be the problem that the unit would need to be HDCP certified to pass through protected content, what affects all and every disk. This basically rules out any homebrew project in the first degree...
I would be happy if there was a checkerboard to field sequential decoder around. But you won't be able to find even such a comparable trivial thing....
mickeyjaw
Cross Eyed!

Post by mickeyjaw »

If the people behind HDFury managed to make a HDMI+HDCP-->Analog VGA adapter that works then I am sure there are ways around having to get proper certification, as I am sure no-one in their right mind would have certified that?
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

mickeyjaw wrote:If the people behind HDFury managed to make a HDMI+HDCP-->Analog VGA adapter that works then I am sure there are ways around having to get proper certification, as I am sure no-one in their right mind would have certified that?
It's quite possible they didn't have 3d in mind when doing so. So, with this in mind there might be a possibility that 3d-bluray won't be hdcp encrypted because of this. I don't know what's going to happen though. :?
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
mickeyjaw
Cross Eyed!

Post by mickeyjaw »

I'm not saying that the manufacturers of the HDFury have anything to do with 3D, just that they were able to make a device which decrypts a HDCP encrypted stream and converts it to analog, which is forbidden by the HDMI certification authorities. This means that it is possible to decrypt HDCP encoded streams and do what you like with them regardless of what the powers that be do or say. I was referring to the following quote:
there would still be the problem that the unit would need to be HDCP certified to pass through protected content
saying that this is not neccesarily true.
spectrogj
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by spectrogj »

I heard the VNS demux box will work
I think I may be able to get my hands on a few of them.

http://infocommshow.iqcatalogs.com/avca ... did=626576

Return to “Stereoscopic 3D Hardware Technical Support”