3D Formats

Post your recommended stereoscopic 3D separation/convergence settings along with game performance recommendations.
Denca
One Eyed Hopeful

3D Formats

Post by Denca »

Hey guys

My question is do the SBS ( top and bottom ) and Line Interlaced bring the same 3D as AMD HD3D or are they inferior. I am asking because I tried or rather tested all of them and it looks like HD3D gives more 3D than the other two. But considering that SBS and LI give a very good 3D effect is my mind playing trick on me or am I observing right. What are your opinions?

I'm asking because till yesterday I played with HD3D on 720p but yesterday I played around with other 3D formats and was amazed by 1080p ( although not full HD because I play on my LG 3DCinema TV ).
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: 3D Formats

Post by cybereality »

Ideally they should all give the same 3D effect, but there may be subtle differences. Especially with a passive interleaved monitor, if you run on HDMI 1.4a you may get extra processing time, good or bad scaling, etc. that will change the way it looks. So running in different modes may look better or worse.
Denca
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Denca »

Thank you for a quick answer. I noticed that HD3D or S3D show a little more depth compared to SBS but than again that could very well be just me and my brain :lol:

I'm new to 3D gaming been using it for about a month and I believe every game should be in 3D cuse when you see it you're like :woot

Another question which I'm asking my self and although I found an answer to it Id rather hear your opinion ( experienced users are more reliable than reviewers). From what distance should I bee 3D gaming. Currently I sit 264 cm away. Is it too far, what is the closest recommended viewing distance? I'm playing 3D games on my LG 42LM660S and loving it.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Well generally if you sit further back the 3D effect will be more impressive. But the farther you go the smaller the screen looks, and this reduces immersion. So you want to find a balance. With a 24" monitor I usually site about a foot and half way (0.5 meters) or maybe a little closer. Your mileage may vary.

Return to “Best Game Settings (DDD)”