The Adventures of Tintin: The 3D Blu-ray

Talk about the latest 3D movies in the theater and at home!
Chiefwinston
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

The Adventures of Tintin: The 3D Blu-ray

Post by Chiefwinston »

A Steven Spielberg film. I had high hopes for this film. Animated movies have typically been some of the best 3D shows I've seen. Unfortunately, the 3D is so light and soooo uninspiring that I could only watch about a half hour and then I turned it off. Steven- listen up buddy. Your 3D is a failure.

Chief's score card:
Story: 7.0
Animation: 9.5
Music: 7.5
3D: 0.0/.25 (Sad)

Final Score: a very disapponting 4.0

I would not buy the 3D blu-ray.

peace
AMD HD3D
i7
DDD
PS3
Panasonic Plasma VT25 50" (Full HD 3D)
Polk Audio- Surround 7.1
Serving up my own 3D since 1996.
(34) Patents
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: The Adventures of Tintin: The 3D Blu-ray

Post by cybereality »

Hmm... I saw this in theaters and did not think it was that bad. Not amazing by any means, but I thought it was OK.
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

I didn't see the movie yet but I've seen a review on a french site that found the 3D quite good overall even if a bit less convincing on certain scenes.
Chiefwinston
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Chiefwinston »

Well I took my 3D glasses off and watched about 10 minutes with out them. There's hardly any seperation.

peace
AMD HD3D
i7
DDD
PS3
Panasonic Plasma VT25 50" (Full HD 3D)
Polk Audio- Surround 7.1
Serving up my own 3D since 1996.
(34) Patents
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

I do recall the scenes with the boat in the water to be pretty impressive, but I do agree overall that they could have done more with the 3D.
android78
Certif-Eyable!

Post by android78 »

I saw this in the cinema too and thought it was pretty good in therms of the 3D. Like most movies though, the amount of 3d wasn't consistent throughout the movie and there were many scenes where it was almost non-existent. Once again, translation from a big screen to TV will lose a lot of depth.
I'm wondering if the studios will start doing a second render so that they have correct perspectives for smaller screens when they release 3D-BD. Just shrinking the images that are rendered for a cinema screen to something 1/20th the size can't work!
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

When I first saw it I was floored that there was not really any volume, sure theres depth, Depth between the camera focuses of peoples faces while they are talking. Even then so its just a cardboard cutout. Then theres the landscape where it does have a depth plain but it sure don't look like that in real life I must say.

I reconverted my blu-ray disc of tin tin to mp4 and for what its worth I enjoyed it much more than firstly watching it a few months ago. I just recently got a new projector screen today and wanted to try it out. The software players I think could be the cullpret too because they are not adjusting enough to lighting, moire panning adjustments and steady streaming of the frames. I found once I paused the movie and looked at the screen in stereo3d, thats its a nice touch of 3d all things considered. Still not really any volume and I am not talking about pop-out or depth. I find pretty much all the 3d out now like this. Seems if there is 3d its only on one thing in there.

I made a video with youtubes 3d converter lawl.
[youtube-hd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG_l1pRpY4w[/youtube-hd]
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Cool setup man.

Return to “3D Movies (Blu-Ray and Theater)”