Anybody biting?

Discuss stereoscopic 3D games and gaming technologies for console (e.g. XBOX, PS3)
lnrrgb
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Anybody biting?

Post by lnrrgb »

Just how low will those PS3 3D displays go? $200 w/game+glasses now, $250 w(3)games+glasses just last week. I know there have been problems with them, but I could see another $50 drop happening if they can't move them at this price. I am so tempted, just so I could give my opinion here (not that anyone should value that). I just haven't seen many (if any) reviews here. Does anyone here have one? Since my iZ3D monitor fizzled, and I've yet to invest in the fix, I don't have a PC monitor that size that supports 3D.......so I've been watching this this drop in $$$. I'm interested in seeing the split-screen option in person too. That has such a cool factor to it, but it would require the purchase of another set of glasses - which kinda keeps me from splurging for the heck of it. But they keep dropping that price! Just egging me on. The reviews are kinda hard to read, and when you factor in the failure rate, I can easily avoid drooling over the price. Since no one here has really said anything about it, I figure it might be worth it to jump on it. I got 3 PS3's, but don't always enjoy 3D gaming from 10ft away. I also worry that I'd never get around to the easy fix on the Iz3d monitor, if I buy one of these. One thing that also tugs at me is that the positive reviews this thing gets are generally from those using it as a PC monitor, and a 3D PC monitor at that. Grrrrrr decisions, decisions.

Palmer, if you could squeeze me out an early Rift, I'd likely forget about this issue completely. The 1-2 month estimated wait on the Rift leaves me wanting to geek out on anything, which also pushes me toward buying one of these things. You'd be saving me a few dollars, and I won't tell anyone!:)
lnrrgb

Re: Anybody biting?

Post by lnrrgb »

ehh nevermind.... I have no will power! But I did get an extra 4 yr protection plan for the thing, just in case (which I never do).
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Ha! That didn't take long.
lnrrgb

Post by lnrrgb »

my first post was a desperate plea! please somebody, stop the insanity.... but obviously, I am well past that point. I think it coincided with birth, but I can't be sure.
Chiefwinston
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Chiefwinston »

I'm interested in your thoughts on the display lnrrgb.
cheers
AMD HD3D
i7
DDD
PS3
Panasonic Plasma VT25 50" (Full HD 3D)
Polk Audio- Surround 7.1
Serving up my own 3D since 1996.
(34) Patents
lnrrgb

Post by lnrrgb »

I'll be giving my two cents soon. No Bestbuy nearby for local pickup, so I gotta wait for shipping.... (and just why do I always buy things online with a lurking national holiday, I'll never know). I'm really curious about what difficulties arise when connecting to the PC. I've got two systems waiting, one AMD/ATI, and one Nvidia based. So I'll get to tread water with both. Having a legal copy (ehh em) of MS Apocalypse might slow me down though, as the single player was fun, but now being able to access PSN might be time consuming.

Your signature really brings back memories. I started programming on the TRS-80 model I as my introduction to PC's. 79 - 80??? Time flies huh?

Return to “3D Console Gaming”