The Birds (Hitchcock)

Talk about the latest 3D movies in the theater and at home!
rd3d2
One Eyed Hopeful

The Birds (Hitchcock)

Post by rd3d2 »

Does anyone know if this will ever get a 3d release? I heard that Hitchcock made this and Dial M for murder in 3d.
Can anyone confirm or shed any light?

Thanks.
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Re: The Birds (Hitchcock)

Post by Fredz »

I don't think "The Birds" has been filmed in 3D like "Dial M for Murder", only a special sequence has been filmed in 3D for a Disney attraction, but not the entire movie.

See : http://3diustudents.blogspot.fr/2012/03/birds-3d.html
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Yeah, I saw that 3D scene at Universal Studios years ago. It was pretty cool and actually had birds flying into the theater and poking your eyes out. This is the kind of 3D I know is possible, I wish modern movies would take off the kid-gloves and do 3D some justice.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

cybereality wrote:Yeah, I saw that 3D scene at Universal Studios years ago. It was pretty cool and actually had birds flying into the theater and poking your eyes out. This is the kind of 3D I know is possible, I wish modern movies would take off the kid-gloves and do 3D some justice.

Yes I saw this too and was the Best 3D I ever saw.. I was actually ducking at times.. one damned bird flew right in front of my face like I could reach out and grab it was so real..
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

Yeah, some organized geniuses got together and said "Woah! You can't get an academy award for being fun. We have to bore it up and show that we are artsy fartsy enough to prove ourselves intellectual because we are above that kind of thing the 3D consumers...wherever they have gone...call fun". Dare I say, Despicable Me should have been the true template of 3D movie making, not Avatar.

Regards,
Neil

Return to “3D Movies (Blu-Ray and Theater)”