Sony HMZ-T1 Blacking Out

Hellespont
One Eyed Hopeful

Sony HMZ-T1 Blacking Out

Post by Hellespont »

Hi there.

I've recently picked up a pair of these last week and so far after connecting it directly to my PC Gaming Box that consists of:

i5-2500K | 8GB G.Skill DDR3 | AsRock Pro3 Gen3 M/B | MSI GTX560Ti Hawk | 120GB Strontium Matrix SSD | 500GB + 1TB WD Caviar Blue S3 | Enermax Infiniti 720W with Win7 64 bit.

I've hooked up the unit through the HDMI mini-port on the video card using the video card's adapter and as a result; I have been able to play Diablo 3 flawlessly while adjusting the settings through the Nvidia Control panel. I can play until I need to take a break while wearing the unit.

Now, when I try to play Battlefield 3 with the same settings switched to 2D only... As I am not running the latest Nvidia drivers 301.42; I have not had any problems playing the game with my Viewsonic VX2835WM previously until now, especially with this HMZ-T1. I tried playing the Metro map and experienced some problems where the video on the unit blacks out. I still hear sound but just can't see anything. This intermittently happens without any advanced warning.

Does any one know whether they have experienced this or know how to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance.
Image Image
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Sony HMZ-T1 Blacking Out

Post by cybereality »

Well the HMZ seems to turn off when you take it off. Could maybe the sensor that checks if youre wearing it be broken (ie it thinks you took it off). Otherwise I would say maybe the cable is bugged, or not in all the way.
Hellespont
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Sony HMZ-T1 Blacking Out

Post by Hellespont »

cybereality wrote:Well the HMZ seems to turn off when you take it off.
It only does it when I wear the unit, so not sure what's going on there.
cybereality wrote:Could maybe the sensor that checks if youre wearing it be broken
Hmm.... will need to have a look at it again later today.
cybereality wrote:Otherwise I would say maybe the cable is bugged, or not in all the way.
Which part? The cable on the head unit or the cable that is connected from the box to the video card?

To Note:
I've gone to Sony's website as well as having a look at their forums for any information regarding this and have not been able to determine what is causing this to occur. So far, I still have the other video cable that is connected to the VX2835WM also connected via the DVI port on the video card which I don't think should interfere with video signals. When I normally play BF3 with the regular monitor, the settings are generally set to 1920x1200... But obviously with the HMZ-T1, the settings would have to be reduced otherwise I wouldn't be able to see the screen properly through the OLED screens. I think the settings were reduced to 1280 with some widescreen format; as I am not physically at the system to say for sure.
Image Image

Return to “General Hardware & Software Technical Support”