LG Thrill / LG Optimus 3D - AT&T

ceashure
Two Eyed Hopeful

LG Thrill / LG Optimus 3D - AT&T

Post by ceashure »

Today I will be reviewing the LG Thrill 3D Phone, which I will say I've had to pleasure to own since it's release. My initial bias against LG as a company was fairly bad. I've owned a phone from LG many years ago which didn't work quite as expected. It was a Windows Mobile 6.5 phone, that wasn't as good as other phones that were available at the time. Now, I have to say LG has really stepped up to the plate with the LG Thrill.

The phone is built solid. This is a fast and stable performer for games and apps, unlike some of the other android-based phones I've owned in the past. The company has even released an update for a newer Android OS for the phone. My experience with other companies is they usually release the phone and completely forget about their customers the next day. This didn't happen with LG!

Now on to the good bits! 3D!  This phone is the first and only 3D phone released by AT&T at the present time.  It features a 4.3" auto-stereoscopic 3D screen, which requires NO GLASSES!  LG Also stocks it with four full featured games by Gameloft.  All four games are fully 3D compatible.  In addition, GameLoft now has a huge library of 3D games available for the LG Thrill.  Phereo has an app that lets you view 3D photos from their website on the phone, and there are a number of other apps that support the 3D feature. I was impressed by how many apps were available in full 3D on day one.

LG has just released a Gingerbread update for the phone which includes a 2D to 3D app converter.  The converter supports games such as Angry Birds, making them fully 3D capable. I've got to say, playing Angry Birds in 3D is an awesome experience!  It'**** and miss as some games will work well in 3D and others won't work at all, but it's a nice "extra" to have available.

The camera on the LG Thrill is 5MP, with support for both 3D and 2D picture taking. The lenses are fairly close together on the back, so getting the camera to capture 3D photos with a lot of depth requires that the object of focus be put in a certain range of distance.  I've found that most of the photos I take come out pretty well in 3D.  Even for 2D photos, the camera does a really great job with lighting, and includes an LED flash for both 2D and 3D modes.  Included on the phone are 2D to 3D photo and video converters which work in real-time. The converter for 2D pictures is mediocre, and certainly not as great as taking 3D pictures natively.  However, the 2D to 3D video conversion is excellent and does a very good job at approximating depth for 2D videos.  Another great feature that LG built right into the phone is the HDMI output.  The output is HDMI 1.4 capable and sends out a 3D single to whatever it's plugged into.  I've had it plugged into my Panasonic 3D TV, and WOW it looks fantastic!  I was able to come back from a Disney World vacation and show all the pictures I took to the grandparents in the way pictures were ment to be seen - in glorious 3D.

Overall, the LG Thrill has been a fantastic phone. Built with a solid stable android system, a incredibly fast 1GHz processor, dual channel memory, 3D camera for pictures and HD video, 3D games, and great support from LG. This phone will be one I'll be holding onto for a very long time.

Read full article...
₪ 3D Solution⁞ LG OLED 65" E6P, PSVR, HTC Vive Pro

Return to “MTBS Member Blogs”