Tridef license + line blending ?

Innuendo1231
Two Eyed Hopeful

Tridef license + line blending ?

Post by Innuendo1231 »

I'm planning to buy an LG D2542P horizontal interleaved monitor that comes with the tridef driver.
The question is... how does the license thing work here? Does it recognize my monitor and grants full version that way ? Becuse I intend to remove the data pin to block the EDID info (for use with the nvidia legacy 3d drivers). So I'm afarid if I block the EDID, the driver won't work as a full vesrion license anymore... Am I right?

Another thing, I read that the iz3d driver has an optimized interleaved mode that blends the odd and even lines together before interlacing the image instead of just dropping half of the data for each eye. Does tridef has an option like that?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Tridef license + line blending ?

Post by cybereality »

Iz3D and DDD do not do EDID checking for interlaced mode. You can use it freely.

I used to like the "optimized" interlaced on iz3D, but now I turn it off. Just makes the image too blurry. I don't think DDD has this option, but its not a huge loss.
Neil

Post by Neil »

DDD does allow you to turn soft interlacing on and off - it's in the output settings.

Regards,
Neil
Dilip
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Dilip »

I have used DDD drivers & seen effect of soft interlacing well it looks as good as turning on AA without any performance hit
If you keep this option off you will see jagginess around the objects which will become smooth once you turn this option on. It truly works as it reads.
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

I stand corrected. Still don't like the effect though.

Return to “DDD Tridef Ignition Driver Forums”