3d monitor with VESA mounts for AMD setup?

120Hz or Polarized, this is the place to share your findings on what's out there!
Brunas
One Eyed Hopeful

3d monitor with VESA mounts for AMD setup?

Post by Brunas »

I'm currently looking into getting a 3d monitor that will work well with my two 6950's in crossfire, and is mountable on my stand with two other monitors. I'm currently using three ViewSonic VX2450, and was hoping to swap the center monitor out for a 3d monitor. (The stand is this for anyone curious).

I've been having trouble finding a monitor that supports AMD's 3D solution and has VESA mounts. I've been looking into the SAMSUNG S23A750D, which as far as I know does not have VESA mounts but otherwise has great reviews. Has anyone modified it to be mountable? The other monitor that caught my eye is the ViewSonic V3D245, but I don't think it is compatible with my GPUs.

I'm really new to the 3D scene, and the resources here have been great! I've gathered that the best pictures for 3D gaming are generally 120 Hz active shutter, so those are the monitors I've been looking into. Are there any other kinds I should look into?

Thanks for the help, and please suggest any monitors you think would work well with this setup!
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: 3d monitor with VESA mounts for AMD setup?

Post by cybereality »

I don't know about active sets, but there are some passive ones that fit the bill. For example the Viewsonic V3D231:
http://www.amazon.com/ViewSonic-V3D231- ... B005LFQVUC" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not sure how good it is, but for under $300 its probably worth it.

Return to “3D Monitors”