Star Wars and Lord of the Rings 3D(?)

Talk about the latest 3D movies in the theater and at home!
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Star Wars and Lord of the Rings 3D(?)

Post by Freke1 »

They talk about Star Wars and Lord of the Rings being converted :shock: :
http://www.collider.com/2010/01/11/ridl ... s-with-3d/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Star Wars and Lord of the Rings 3D(?)

Post by cybereality »

Yeah, there has been talk about Star Wars going 3D going back for years. I think it will happen, but when?
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Well looks like the first Star Wars installemnt possibly this Summer.. I just saw Beauty and the Beast in 3D and they had a 3D Preview looked REALLY GOOD from what I saw but not sure if they said this summer or not???..

I am going to make a seperate thread for Beauty and the Beast 3D
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter
Synexious
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Synexious »

Star Wars: Episode I: The Phantom Menace 3D releases February 10, 2012, in theaters. One film is planned to follow each year, in chronological order, with Episode VI: Return of the Jedi having a planned 2017 release. The conversion of the later films has been said to depend on the financial success of the earlier ones. The conversions will be among the best ever done, up with the likes of Titanic. A full year of intense work will be done on each film. These are not rushed conversions. George Lucas is meaningfully personally involved. However, as James Cameron said, even the best conversions can only reach ~85% of the stereoscopic visual fidelity of native 3D, at least with current technology. Still, I think we can rest assured that the Star Wars 3D experience which will play out across the decade will be the best possible. I expect to be amazed, especially during the podrace!
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

I saw the preview for Ep1. I don't know, I was not impressed. I mean, it didn't look bad, there were no obvious mistakes. It just didn't look great though. No where near a real 3D production. And I understand that most of that movie was CG. But it seems maybe they did not re-render, because it looks pretty mild in the depth. I'll still see it, of course, but I was expecting more.
PalmerTech
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by PalmerTech »

I will be first in line for Ep1, not because I think the 3D will be good, and definitely not because I think it is a good movie. The only reason my girlfriend and I will be camping out is because I miss camping out for Star Wars movies, it is a great nerdy social gathering event. :P

Return to “3D Movies (Blu-Ray and Theater)”