Xbox 360 and Framepacking!

Discuss stereoscopic 3D games and gaming technologies for console (e.g. XBOX, PS3)
xhonzi
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Xbox 360 and Framepacking!

Post by xhonzi »

Thought this might be news to some people.

So far both Arkham City and Assassin's Creed Revelations both support framepacking(@720p@60hz) on the 360. I've heard Halo Anniversary does as well, but I haven't tried that one myself yet.

I had heard that all 360 games were going to be SBS, so this is news to me. So far, the framepacked games look better to me than SBS and more devices are likely to auto-detect on framepacking, which is a nice bonus too.

Arkham city's framepacking made my xbox OS look funny (the mini dashboard appeared at the bottom half of the left eye and the top half of the right eye, and friend notices were likewise mishandled) but Revelations had everything looking great.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Xbox 360 and Framepacking!

Post by cybereality »

Yes, this has been mentioned before but its good to share since lots of information gets lost deep in threads around here.
xhonzi

Post by xhonzi »

I confirmed that Halo Anniversary is indeed framepacked and that the Xbox OS stuff doesn't look goofy like it did in Batman.

I wonder what's up with Batman...
bgnome
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by bgnome »

xhonzi wrote:Arkham city's framepacking made my xbox OS look funny (the mini dashboard appeared at the bottom half of the left eye and the top half of the right eye, and friend notices were likewise mishandled) but Revelations had everything looking great.
It is likely that the UI is being rendered in the center of the frame, like it is normally. It is just that in this case, the tv splits the frame and throws one half to one eye and the other to the other eye. I would guess they just forgot to relocate it or render it twice for both eyes.
xhonzi

Post by xhonzi »

I assume you're right. Though I do wonder why Revelations and Anniversay looked fine.
Earmack

Post by Earmack »

I Have only few games with native 3d on my X360.

Call of duty: Black Ops - native SBS
Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary - framepacking force 720p@60hz. I see anomaly with some weapons....little bit doubled nearest/low panel to u. Also strange effect from start, not sure if that anomaly but look strange. Anyway I like this game a lot + very good 3D. After 01.01.12 I received gears of war 3....so I let u khow about 3d :shutter
Sapphire 7970 ghz 6gb
Gigabyte Z77X-UP5TH
Intel I7 3770k @3,5ghz
Kingston DDR3 khx21c11t2k2/16x 4 x 8gb = 32gb
X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion
Cooler Master Real Power Pro 1000 M
Windows 8 Pro 64x
Samsung UE40D7000LS
HDMI 1.4a

Return to “3D Console Gaming”