Tridef LG TV

Joker18
One Eyed Hopeful

Tridef LG TV

Post by Joker18 »

Hello,

I have a 47LW5500 TV and i'm triyng to use the Tridef Lg driver (TriDef 3D Games (LG 3D Monitor/TV) 1.5.1) in windows 7, but is says to connect a 3d monitor/TV and restart. In windows xp it works fine (besides the fact I have to wear my glasses upside down) but in windows 7 doesn't recognise the LG TV.

I tested the IZ3d Driver - using zalman output , it works but there are some weird looking effect like water, blood, ejecting shell, and it only work on 1920x1080 (low fps)
Tested also Nvidia with zalman trick - a lot of ghosting, low fps
with IR emiter trick - lower fps, lots of lag

From this options the best one seems to me the tridef, also taking in consideration I can use lower resolution. I normally use Win7 and xp is just for backup.
Any hint/suggestion to make my LG TV recognizable?

Thanks
3D Gamer using Avegant Glyph & LG 65E6V
No hidden talents.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Tridef LG TV

Post by Neil »

I don't know about the LG TV being recognized directly, but if it's a polarized/passive display (i.e. the glasses are NOT shutter glasses), manually pick "interlaced" under the standard display types category.

Regards,
Neil
Joker18
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Joker18 »

Thx for the reply. I am talking about the version which is free for the LG. In this version u cannot select the display type.
No hidden talents.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

I think the LG driver on DDD's site is intended for their desktop PC monitors and not their 3D HDTVs - that might explain the problem you are having (if I'm correct about the driver's intent). Best to ping DDD directly for this for confirmation.

Regards,
Neil
Joker18
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Joker18 »

I think I will receive the short answer fom DDD (the driver is not intendeed to be used with lw5500), this si why I asked here. Maybe someone had the same thing and solved it or maybe someone succesfully uses it.
I think it should be a solution taking in consideration that it works on winxp.
No hidden talents.

Return to “DDD Tridef Ignition Driver Forums”