These Video Glasses Will Let You Walk+Watch TV at the same

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
Silversurfer
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

These Video Glasses Will Let You Walk+Watch TV at the same

Post by Silversurfer »

Video glasses are a pretty dorky vision of the future. I mean, put on a pair of blockers so you can watch video by yourself? A little bit anti-social, are we? Lumus wants to help a little bit by making glasses which let you watch video and see through the lens too.

TechCrunch says Lumus' glasses mimic an 87-inch screen that's 10 feet away from you with a 720p resolution (it supports 3D too). The lenses are actually transparent and uses "a pair of light pumps into the earpieces that send and refract light down the lens." The idea is to keep the electronic wizardry away from the lens themselves so the glasses are lighter and when turned off, completely transparent so you can dorkily interact with the rest of the world? Lumus will show off these transparent video glasses at CES. [TechCrunch]

http://gizmodo.com/5867780/these-video- ... nt-glasses" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Got a release or 3D news story to share? Email press@mtbs3D.com, and we'll put it up!

android78
Certif-Eyable!

Re: These Video Glasses Will Let You Walk+Watch TV at the sa

Post by android78 »

Ok... I want these!
The problem is that they were first seen years ago, and there has been little since.
I think that combining these with a back plane of an LCD shutter glass would be ideal for the future of portable games and entertainment devices... if only they can make them wireless.
If they can get these released for sub-$500, I think they will do well. That is if they can get them released at all.

also, I think that's about 40degrees (diagonal) fov, which isn't quite enough.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: These Video Glasses Will Let You Walk+Watch TV at the sa

Post by cybereality »

Another HD HMD?!!? This is getting crazy now. And full transparent, perfect for AR. This is awesome!

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”