DLP-Link | Frame sequential settings Windows (or Linux)

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
Saner
One Eyed Hopeful

DLP-Link | Frame sequential settings Windows (or Linux)

Post by Saner »

Hiya,

I recently bought a Benq W700 projector and 4 pairs of Optima ZD201 active shutter glasses.

Everything in 2d is fine and 3D is fine (ish)

I do however have one problem, and if anyone can point me in the right direction for resolving it I would be a very happy chappy.

PC Specs -
AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 840 Processor
4 Gig ram
Nvidia GTS 450
Connected via VGA (I have tried and will be changing that to HDMI in the near future) because I am having phase issues with VGA.
Linux | windows Duel boot.

If I run something in 3D via Bino (In Linux) or Stereoscopic player / Bino in windows I can only get 3D to work in Top / Bottom (Over / Under).

This works fine, but for some reason instead of my usual 2D mode being 100 inches, it drops to around 50 / 60 inches, I also have some AR issues as its squeezing a lot of things.

I have tried setting the projector to Frame sequential and that keeps the screen at the 100 inches but I cant get any of the settings in either player to work with it.

So, how can I get my system to output in frame sequential so I can enjoy 3D in the best possible way.

If I try and enable 3D in the nvidia panel it starts asking what type of glasses I have etc.. but only gives options for 3D vision stuff and Red / Blue, so I cant see how to enable it that way.

I have shelled out 200 quid on glasses so I dont really want to get the Nvidia gumpf, especially as it will limit me to nvidia cards in the future and frankly I cant afford to change now :p

A Linux solution would be ideal if possible as thats my primary OS, but if now windows 7 is installed and bootable (well it was last time I used it :p )

Thanks in advance for any pointers, I did have a quick look back over the last 2 pages, but couldnt find anything (no doubt I have missed it)
Guig2000
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: DLP-Link | Frame sequential settings Windows (or Linux)

Post by Guig2000 »

After the nvidia wizard end, haven't you the option to select crt screen on the control panel?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

You can try "software page-flipping" in the Stereoscopic Player (with desktop refresh set to 120Hz). That may work, but I have found it unreliable. Another option is to use the Nvidia 3D Vision, I believe that projector may support it. At least the BenQ page claims that, even though that model is missing from Nvidia's requirements. I believe you only need one pair of Nvidia glasses (really just the emitter) and then you can use additional DLP-Link glasses like you have already.
Saner
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Saner »

Guig2000 wrote:After the nvidia wizard end, haven't you the option to select crt screen on the control panel?
Nope, just 4 options for Glasses, Wired, Pro (and I get remember the other two)

cybereality wrote:You can try "software page-flipping" in the Stereoscopic Player (with desktop refresh set to 120Hz). That may work, but I have found it unreliable. Another option is to use the Nvidia 3D Vision, I believe that projector may support it. At least the BenQ page claims that, even though that model is missing from Nvidia's requirements. I believe you only need one pair of Nvidia glasses (really just the emitter) and then you can use additional DLP-Link glasses like you have already.

That worked like a charm! not ideal but it worked. Is there a way to use software page flip in Linux, or is it a windows only deal ?

I am guessing nvidia dont sell the emitter seperatly, I will have to have a look on ebay when I have the spare cash, as I would rather have the hardware solution
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

Software page flipping can work on Linux but I don't know any 3D media player using it. It's not a perfect solution either as it's impossible to guarantee a good synchronization when using this technique.

There is another solution for Linux by using MPlayer and a modified version of Genlock (hardware page flipping), but it's only been tested on older NVIDIA GPUs (7 and 8 series) and it's not really "plug-and-play" (you have to compile it yourself).

See : http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10633" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Saner
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Saner »

Interesting.

I will give it a whirl and post back results on how its working.

Thanks for the link
Guig2000
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Guig2000 »

Saner wrote:
Guig2000 wrote:After the nvidia wizard end, haven't you the option to select crt screen on the control panel?
Nope, just 4 options for Glasses, Wired, Pro (and I get remember the other two)

No, I mean, after you go at the end of the wizard: on the wizard, I was obliged to choose anaglyph, but after the wizard end, I was able to choose crt screen so that I was able to use my e-dimensional glasses.

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”