ArmA - Armed Assault

Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

ArmA - Armed Assault

Post by Freke1 »

ArmA is probably going go be as great a succes as it's predessor Operation Flashpoint (which I also played in 3D). This is like the combat simulators the US army use - very realistic. It's VERY hard to run at decent fps especially in 3D but the main problem is that I have to disable "Shadow detail". I've made a thread on the official game (BI) forum:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/i ... 68;t=61658

I really hope they fix this or I'll have to play without shadows. I play in a clan with like 20 ppl on teamspeak - fun.

Here's a Youtube link to a great ArmA video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmCnfaxt ... ed&search=
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

I was trying to join in on the thread, but the forum won't let me post despite registering and confirming by email. Anyone else having problems?

Neil
nathansteinke

Post by nathansteinke »

Neil, I am having the exact same problem. I just registered, confirmed registratiobn through my email, logged in and tried to reply.

It tells me I don't have premission to reply.
-Nate
Neil

Post by Neil »

Ok - let's get some additional threads going while we are waiting for this one to resolve itself.

For already released games, instead of asking for fixes, let's just take the tact of "Does anyone know if this game is MTBS certified?"

Our certification library is growing - and it's the game developers who decide when to reveal the results. Part of the certification is outlining the best settings and workarounds (there are solutions that havn't at all been posted in the forums yet ;=))

It's a great opening for talking about the benefits of S-3D and why certification is important.

Regards,
Neil
nathansteinke

Post by nathansteinke »

I just registered on the Shivering Isles Expansion for Oblivion and encountered the similar issue of "unable to start a topic". Wonder what's wrong.
-Nate

http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index ... owforum=28
Neil

Post by Neil »

I was able to do it with my already existent account. Try emailing admin and ask what's going on.

Maybe we need to clean our cookies from our browser.

Regards,
Neil
Neil

Post by Neil »

Ok - some good news. I was able to get into Freke's original message board no problem.

I think there might be a manual approval process to new registrants. No worries.

I had a "big brother" panic attack for a minute there. Phew! :?

Well, I added my piece. Gentlemen, start your post'n!

Neil
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

Yes it takes a day and You get an email (more) before You can post :(

Edit:
This problem is solved when using the 163.71 FW and 162.50 3Dstereo BETA

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”