Keeping a longer log ofthe shoutbox

This website is for our members. Do you have some design ideas? Are there features you would like to see? What additions would drive this site forward? POST YOUR IDEAS HERE!
Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Keeping a longer log ofthe shoutbox

Post by Tril »

I thought it would be nice if the log of the shoutbox was longer but maybe this would defeat its purpose. Yesterday, I posted something to it but I had to go. When I came back a few hours later, I could not see what others replied to me because people had posted many messages after mine.

There's lot of interesting discussions going on in the shoutbox but they usually disappear after two hours or less. Do you think it would be a good idea to keep a 24h log of the messages in the shoutbox and if it could be easily done? You could place a link above the shoutbox titled something like "mtbs3D.com last 24h of the Shoutbox". This way, you could take a look at the Shoutbox log once a day to see what's been said for the past day.
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

If you implement something like that, you could make a seperat window/frame to read it, because it is LONG and you need a lot of space to read it (fast/comfortable).

If you implement it, I might spend a lot of time reading all the log :lol:
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
sharky
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by sharky »

hi guys! there are 3 reasons for which we do not implement this:

1) a longer log takes much more to load. we had 50 messages and had to reduce it to 30 because of the loading time
2) the script is not made by us.. it is a premade forum script and change it might not be easy.
3) if the this are so important that you need an answer to them, then they should be posted in teh forums. else the forums might die if everythign is discussed in the chat.the chat is meant to say hi, or talk about the day, but not to solve stereoscopic problems. that should bedone in the forums, because it is readable for much more persons, and somebody can find the answer to the same problem after some months too..

hope you understand..

bye

igor
Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Tril »

ok sharky, that's fine. I just thought I'd share some thought. I knew this would probably not be possible/practical.
sharky
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by sharky »

no problem.. :) thank you anyway for sharing your idea.. :)

Return to “MTBS Website Ideas”