The Lion King 3D

Talk about the latest 3D movies in the theater and at home!
Chiefwinston
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

The Lion King 3D

Post by Chiefwinston »

I took some of my kids to this today. Its a family movie and specifically a kids family movie. The theater was packed with kids. This is a mid 90'ish animated movie that has been re-released by Disney. I have seen it before. Actually, I seen it probably many times. I would actually consider this 2D movie from Disney to be a Masterpiece of cinema. It is a musical. And it is about the circle of life. This is one to see. It will be in theaters for 2 weeks is my understanding. So hows the 3D? Well it is probably a conversion. It does have areas that don't look the greatest- 3D wise. But the vast majority of the film is done quite well. It is on the weak side but I could see a good level of seperation and is an appropriate 3D effect for young kids. So overall I do feel the 3D added considerably to the show.

Chief's score card:
Story: 10
Family Value: 10
3D: 7.5/7.75
Final Score: 9.75

What can I say. I simply loved it. Kids movies don't come any better. Its still a masterpiece.
AMD HD3D
i7
DDD
PS3
Panasonic Plasma VT25 50" (Full HD 3D)
Polk Audio- Surround 7.1
Serving up my own 3D since 1996.
(34) Patents
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: The Lion King 3D

Post by cybereality »

I might have to check this out. Thanks.
bgnome
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: The Lion King 3D

Post by bgnome »

This is definitely one that brings back memories.
The 3D is done very well for a conversion. I would recommend the purchase of the 3d blu-ray when it becomes available.

Return to “3D Movies (Blu-Ray and Theater)”