[WIP] seat movement

Tutorials on how to create your own rigs, pics, movies, and everything that has to do with S-3D at home!
sharky
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by sharky »

hollllla everybody!

he project is taking shape and is at a really good point! i started with the mechanics, so herea re a few pics... the electronics are already working beautifully, except that th emotor is too big and burns some components.. but i am waiting for the new componnts to arive, and i am working on a little mod of the board (thanks to likay.. :D ) to avoid the exploding of the components and handle the extra load.. :)

here are the pics...

the place wher ei work on my crazy projects:

the finished motorholding:

some modifications to make the chair tilt also forward:

some pictures of the chair mounted on the base:

let me know what yu think.. :)
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."
Jamie Hyneman: "It's really cool, but really unusual."

Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

sharky wrote:let me know what yu think.. :)
You really don't want to know... ;)

Jokes aside: Curious on how things will turn out to be and i wish you the best of luck. :D

cheers
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
sharky

Post by sharky »

ok guys the project is coming good, but since i have a crazy time i didnt have much time to work on it.. but it should be finished this week or early next week.. ill post images as soon as i can..

bye

igor

LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

Good to see, that you make progress... Also the pictures look very advanced - almost professional.

Unfortunatly it seems, that you have nearly no time.
I don't see many posts lately, Naw could do with some minor updates and so on...

I hope you haven't gotten ill or something...

I wish you good health and energy to move things :wink:
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
sharky

Post by sharky »

hi!

i use to pee in my pants in the last weeks.. because i dont have time to run to the toilet.. unfortunately this time is suposed to finish on sunday..

android78
Certif-Eyable!

Post by android78 »

Wonder how this project is going.
Just found something that may interrest you:
http://www.youtube.com/user/xxxvr
You could get some ideas from his design, seems simple enough.
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

android78 wrote:Just found something that may interest you:
http://www.youtube.com/user/xxxvr
LOL! I was expecting something very different from the URL on that link. :shock:
sharky

Post by sharky »

hi boys!

thanks for the link, i already checked that out. the design is nota s simple as it looks, he uses 3 motors to drive indipendently, and a spring. actually he has 3 DOF and thats a lot. i only have one and could implement the second one.

the simulator is supposed to be finished this weekend if i get the last components intime. ill post pictures and a clip of the first run, and then a better clip once that everything si fine tuned.

:) but its going very well.. :) just have the problem that the electronics burn trough because of the too big motor. i had to put 3 mosfets in parallel instead of 1 and it still got hot, so i ordered a new board with 15 mosfets for each location and that really should do it. its 60 mosfests in total to drive a 450 W motor. i tried to put my mother on the chair and told her to lie her head to the back, then attached the motor to the battery at 24 V, and nothing happened. so i canged motor, (from 500 to 450W) and changed gearbox (from 1:10 to 1:30) and tried again, my mother flew off the chair and landed on her feets 1.5 meters away. the chair jumped and everything was just SOOOOOOOOOOOOO cool! :D the motor defiently has power.. now i just need to make the electronics work and then play till it hurts! :D

cu

igor

sharky

Post by sharky »

hi guys! after a long and busy time its time for updates!

didnt have much time to work on my project but i am at a good point.. :D

today i replaced the plastic bearing with a brass bearing. its much better, and more stable.

i dont have many news news, but 3 pics for you. the first one shows a detail of the mounted motor.
second one the whole chair, with pedals but without steering wheel, (on the back the re is the cable pipe, which will contain the cables that run from teh cair to the control board
last but not least is the lil sharky on the chair. that image shows only where the wheel is supposed to be. i dont have the wheel holder yet. on the final wheel holder the legs are more free than on the image.. :)

let me know what you think.. :)

Neil

Post by Neil »

Is it me, or is someone looking bad-ass on their simulator chair?

Like, "I don't have a Harley Davidson, but woah! Check out my simulator chair!" :P

Regards,
Neil
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

Other people have their super computer with Quad SLI and whater cooling :D
But this is a much more creative way!

Is it finished? Can you give us a review and maybe a plan how to build it? And what parts and costs are involved and how much work it is/was and so on...
Or is it not finished yet :roll:
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Nice work man, its looking good.
android78
Certif-Eyable!

Post by android78 »

cybereality wrote:LOL! I was expecting something very different from the URL on that link.
:lol: Sorry to disappoint. :wink:
sharky wrote:thanks for the link, i already checked that out. the design is nota s simple as it looks, he uses 3 motors to drive indipendently, and a spring. actually he has 3 DOF and thats a lot. i only have one and could implement the second one.
On the link he actually has two versions, a 2DOF and 3DOF. The 2DOF seems really good and quite simple using a universal joint for the chair to sit on an two linear actuators for the movement. If you didn't see the 2DOF one, you should take another look, I think it's worth it.
Just wondering
sharky wrote:...
so i canged motor, (from 500 to 450W) and changed gearbox (from 1:10 to 1:30) and tried again, my mother flew off the chair and landed on her feets 1.5 meters away. the chair jumped and everything was just SOOOOOOOOOOOOO cool! the motor defiently has power.. now i just need to make the electronics work and then play till it hurts!
Good luck getting your mother to be test subject again! :lol:
Neil wrote:Like, "I don't have a Harley Davidson, but woah! Check out my simulator chair!"
Probably wise... If you crash a real motorbike it hurts a lot! Trust me, I should know!
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Hope the electronics works now Sharky. :D You gave me quite some headache at the time. lol
Looking good though (talking about the chair of course!)

cheers
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
sharky

Post by sharky »

ahahahah hi guys!

the chair is not finished yet. the costs are high even if i bought only half of the things. if you buy everything then it costs up to 600 euro. i did not plan to spend a lot but the electronics gave problems so i had to decide if spend more in the hope that it works or to give up. i went for the first option! if the components arrive today i can finish it this weekend.

regarding the harley thing... thix can be dangerous at least as a harley.. :D i was making a stupid face on that picutre so i photoshopped it to be "normal" since i didnt want to offend people who look crosseyed because of problems.. but my ass-face is just natural.. :Dthe first run will be recorded and youtubed.. :D

the 2dof option is good and also used a lot, but it had 2 main problems for which i decided to go for my solution:
1) the linear actuators are reallllly expensive, especially her ein italy. 2 of them cost like my motor with gearbox, with the difference that i already had the motor
2) i wated to use my office chair and build something on that.. because my room is too small. what you see on the last picutre is 2/3 of my bedroom.

but i plan to ad the second DOF in future. i already have the electronics for that... and also the motor.. just have to change the chair..

cu guys

igor

Neil

Post by Neil »

I still smile when I see the picture because you look so angry and serious. Like you are saying "look what they did to my car! The bastards!" :P

Regards,
Neil
sharky

Post by sharky »

hey, now i know what that face means!

"S*** the components didnt arrive! another weekend gone nuts!"

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

vrekks
Cross Eyed!

Re: [WIP] seat movement

Post by vrekks »

I havent read all the posts so maybe someone already said this. try looking at acesim.com and looking up "tronicgr" on youtube for full motion simulators.
"Who has ever torn himself from the claw that encloses you when you drop a seed in a TV parlor? It grows you any shape it wishes! It is an environment as real as the world. It becomes and is the truth. Books can be beaten down with reason. But with all my knowledge and scepticism, I have never been able to argue with a one-hundred-piece symphony orchestra, full colour, three dimensions, and I being in and part of those incredible parlors."
mAchiNE
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: [WIP] seat movement

Post by mAchiNE »

Nice looking project!, I see there has been no updates for a few years now, did you ever finish this Sharky?
Current System:
Oculus Rift Dev Kit, 3x 23" Passive 3D Monitors in 3D Vision Surround, Novint Falcon, 3rd Space Gaming Vest, ButtKicker, Razer Hydra, Logitech G25.
Previous 3D Systems:
Viewsonic PJD6531w 3D DLP Projector, Vuzix VR920, 24" Alienware and 22" Samsung 3D Vision Monitors, eDimensional 3D Glasses with 19" CRT Monitor

Return to “Do it Yourself!”