Sharp xr-10x-L or sharp xr-10x or what?

The_Doctor
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Sharp xr-10x-L or sharp xr-10x or what?

Post by The_Doctor »

I got a projector from ebay, sharp xr-10x according to the description the seller had. Factory refurb, sealed.

Then I noticed that on the front it says Sharp XR-10X-L , and on the underside as well. In windows xp it doesn't show 85 HZ at 1024x769, it tops out at 75 HZ. I can set 85 HZ if I uncheck the "Hide modes that this monitor cannot display".
In games, at 75Hz it works ok with shutter glasses, but at 85 HZ I get some funky colors. Does anybody know if these two projectors are different?

Are there any strange colors at 85HZ with a xr-10x?
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

It's a dlp-projector and it's natural that you might get some color tints at higher refreshrates. When you get it depends on the projector but it's not unusual that you have this phenomena even at the max speced refreshrate.

According to the specs when goo'lin around they should be able to handle 85Hz regardless of what of the above types you mentioned. Don't know what's the difference the "L" does though. :D

cheers
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
The_Doctor

Post by The_Doctor »

Yes, the specs look the same, except the "L" version has a lower lumen output on the economy setting. The lamp is a little cheaper as well.

I did read around that the xr-10x was excellent at 85HZ and that's why I went with it. That's also why I was wondering if that one has any tinting at 85HZ - because if it's the same there's no point in going through the process of exchanging it.
The_Doctor

Post by The_Doctor »

After further investigation it turns out the xr-10x-L was made to replace the xr-10x because that one was blowing bulbs. The only difference is the lower wattage lamp and probably balast. Color wheel specs are the same :? .
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

If you have (in your opinion) way too much color tinting you could think about returning it and point out to the seller it can't handle 85Hz properly. I've gamed some with shutterglasses and as i see 85Hz is ok and the flicker bearable. 75Hz and below is unbearable but it might differ from person to person. Colortinting caused by the colorwheel in the dlp is the same wether or not you're viewing in stereo or not but i think you already noticed that.

cheers
The_Doctor

Post by The_Doctor »

Yes, I can return it since it's not what I paid for. They pay for shipping and everything. I only noticed it was a different model after 3 hours or so and having the problems at 85HZ. They gave me 5 days to send it back.

I'm not sure what you mean by colortinting being the same in stereo or without it b/c I can't see any tinting without the glasses (3d still turned on). And there's no tinting at 75HZ (max I can get the games to run at from the game configs) without stereo.

I can not select 85Hz in the game setup, it only goes up to 75HZ, but I can set windows to 85HZ (with the "hide modes that this monitor can't display" unchecked), if it's actually doing that I don't know. The 3d test image in the nvidia control panel runs at 85HZ fine, no tinting at all. I did run refresh force and it reported that the max refresh is 75HZ at 1024*768.

The blueish tint looks as if somebody spilled blue ink (usually all over the road in gtr2, rfactor and such and on the floor in doom3). I don't see it without the shutterglasses. The wireless ones show less tint than the wired ones, but I tested 3 pairs and all have it.

The weird part is that 75HZ seems to have a lot less flicker than 75HZ on the crt don't know what that is about. Maybe it's just me seeing crazy stuff.

Likay wrote:If you have (in your opinion) way too much color tinting you could think about returning it and point out to the seller it can't handle 85Hz properly. I've gamed some with shutterglasses and as i see 85Hz is ok and the flicker bearable. 75Hz and below is unbearable but it might differ from person to person. Colortinting caused by the colorwheel in the dlp is the same wether or not you're viewing in stereo or not but i think you already noticed that.

cheers
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Ok. Seems to be some errors in my last post. I was really sure you had colorwheel tinting at higher refreshrates. Now i'm not sure this is it. :? If it's tinting caused by colorwheel then you would have the same phenomena in mono as with pageflipped stereo. This phenomena decreases when lowering the refreshrate. Maybe the glasses are unable to block the undesired light completely but that seems to be a bit unlikely too. Are you able to take a photo? One through the shutterglasses and one without?

cheers
The_Doctor

Post by The_Doctor »

Probably, I'll try later today.
chrisjarram

Post by chrisjarram »

Sounds to me like you are having the same problem as myself, but with a slight blue leak in each eye... While you state the test application looks fine, are you completely sure there is no blue leakage? It would make sense that there is, but it is more apparent with my situation as the leakage is red which is significantly more visible to the human eye. In rfactor etc I get a red 'spillage' on the track, but without the glasses the 2 independent images have no such anomoly. From what I can guess, this indicates there is a red segment from the colour wheel 'leaking' over each frame - Andrew Woods' paper on DLP projectors and time offsetting explains this a little better - I'm going to try and contact him to see if this makes sense. afaik, the only way this can be improved (or fixed?) is by using a hardware dongle to offset the phase of the LCS glasses - I'm currently in the process of trying to obtain one.

BTW did you get your projector from GlobalPCT? I too purchased as a xr-10x and was sent xr-10xl's, to my slight bewilderment. Problem is I had them shipped to the UK, so the shipping charge was about $190 and the import tax an additional $300, so not cheap - however as far as I'm concerned GlobalPCT are liable for all this (plus return collection and shipping) if I chose to return these as they were incorrectly advertised.

Anyone else any suggestions on this anomoly?

The_Doctor wrote:Yes, I can return it since it's not what I paid for. They pay for shipping and everything. I only noticed it was a different model after 3 hours or so and having the problems at 85HZ. They gave me 5 days to send it back.

I'm not sure what you mean by colortinting being the same in stereo or without it b/c I can't see any tinting without the glasses (3d still turned on). And there's no tinting at 75HZ (max I can get the games to run at from the game configs) without stereo.

I can not select 85Hz in the game setup, it only goes up to 75HZ, but I can set windows to 85HZ (with the "hide modes that this monitor can't display" unchecked), if it's actually doing that I don't know. The 3d test image in the nvidia control panel runs at 85HZ fine, no tinting at all. I did run refresh force and it reported that the max refresh is 75HZ at 1024*768.

The blueish tint looks as if somebody spilled blue ink (usually all over the road in gtr2, rfactor and such and on the floor in doom3). I don't see it without the shutterglasses. The wireless ones show less tint than the wired ones, but I tested 3 pairs and all have it.

The weird part is that 75HZ seems to have a lot less flicker than 75HZ on the crt don't know what that is about. Maybe it's just me seeing crazy stuff.

Likay wrote:If you have (in your opinion) way too much color tinting you could think about returning it and point out to the seller it can't handle 85Hz properly. I've gamed some with shutterglasses and as i see 85Hz is ok and the flicker bearable. 75Hz and below is unbearable but it might differ from person to person. Colortinting caused by the colorwheel in the dlp is the same wether or not you're viewing in stereo or not but i think you already noticed that.

cheers
The_Doctor

Post by The_Doctor »

Yes, it sounds the be the same. But I only get it at 85HZ. It looks blueish on the road, and maybe red on the grass in gtr2,race07,rfactor etc.

I can't tell if anything is wrong in the nvidia test application. It looks perfect to me, I would clearly notice a lot of blue or red colors all over the place.

If I don't set "always use stereo refresh rate" in the 3d settings and have it set to 3d 85HZ, when i turn it on (3d) I get the weird colors, and if I stop it and turn it on again it's fine b/c it adjust itself to 75HZ. I think it's a problem with the projector not doing 85HZ well.

Yes, I got it from globalpc in NY. It's missing the lens cap, from what they told me on the phone it sounded normal to them. :shock: . Not sure what that was supposed to mean.

The warranty is stated as 90 days lamp/1 year projector, and inside the box there's a flyer from sharp that states 30 days lamp/90 days projector. I called globalpc and they told me when they got them it was 1 year/90 days and sharp changed it.
Only after that I also noticed it's a different projecter, the "L" version. Seeing that 85HZ is KO, I called again and they sent me a shipping label to send it back and have it repaced with a "real" 10x.
The problem is they might not have any. Ebay feedback shows everyone's happy with it, but I doubt they try 85HZ stereo so they might not care if it's "L" or not.

So I emailed Sharp and asked them what the deal is and this is what they wrote back:
"Thank you for contacting Sharp Electronics Corporation.
Warranties for that model as a refurbish are typically 90 days. However Global Phoenix is one of our authorized dealers and warranties with them are 1 year."

I don't know if it's valid in the UK.

I think you could have gotten a brand new projector for the price+shipping+import tax, but you wouldn't have known if it works, where the xr-10x is known to work. Obviously not the "L" version.

How would a dongle offset the phase of the LCS glasses? I assume there's a way b/c the wireless glasses have less tinting than the wired glasses, so something's different.

I'll try to take some pictures, I don't know if I can, never tried before.

Edit: Can you post some pictures?
The_Doctor

Post by The_Doctor »

Sharp XR-10X-L

Only max 75Hz can be selected

85HZ works with "hide modes that this monitor cannot display"

Windows Description

Settings

1024*768*32 85HZ without glasses

1024*768*32 85HZ through one lens - no weird colors

GTR2, can't select more than 75HZ in the setup, even with 85HZ set in windows

GTR2, 1024*768*32 75HZ selected in game setup. This is the game menu with stereo on at 1024*768*32 85HZ, no glasses. No weird colors.

Through one lens, notice the weird colors. Color is the same when looking through both lenses

GTR2, in the game, no stereo, everything ok

Stereo on, no glasses - looks ok

Stereo on, with glasses - somebody spilled ink on the dash :shock: (everything is 1024*768*32 85HZ)

More in game - stereo on, no glasses

Stereo on, with glasses

Looking at the pics now, there seems to be a little color even without the glasses in stereo or maybe I was looking at the pics for too long.
Last edited by The_Doctor on Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AWoods
SD&A Co-Chair

Post by AWoods »

Firstly it's important to differentiate between ghosting/crosstalk, and other colour defects.

All consumer grade DLP projectors have a slight colour tint difference between the two eyes at 85Hz.
One eye might have a slightly bluer tint and the other eye might have a slightly more pinky tint.
This is only something that is noticed when wearing LCS 3D glasses - it can't be seen in 2D.
The reason for this effect is illustrated in Figure 2 of this paper:
http://www.cmst.curtin.edu.au/publicat/2007-05.pdf

> Woods, A.J., and Rourke, T., (2007) “The compatibility of consumer DLP projectors
> with time-sequential stereoscopic 3D visualization”, presented at Stereoscopic Displays
> and Applications XVIII, published in Stereoscopic Displays and Virtual Reality Systems
> XIV, Proceedings of IS&T/SPIE Electronic Imaging Vol. 6490, San Jose, California.

In this paper we tested the Sharp XR10X. Unfortunately we have no experience with the XR10XL.

With some projectors we did notice severe colour disruption at higher frequencies.
It does not sound like you are experiencing this - the best way to test this is using a colour bar test image.

In DLP projectors which do correctly synchronise, some ghosting/crosstalk defects are still usually present and this is usually caused by the LCS 3D glasses.
You will notice in Figure 5 of this paper ( http://www.cmst.curtin.edu.au/publicat/2002-09.pdf ) that there is lots of red leakage in the off state for the example pair of LCS 3D glasses.
Different pairs of glasses have different characteristics.
The other potential source of crosstalk is the timing of the switching of the glasses.
Again this is explained in the first paper.

Please read at least the first paper and this may enable you to clarify your observations.
The_Doctor

Post by The_Doctor »

Will read, thanks for all the work.
AWoods wrote:Firstly it's important to differentiate between ghosting/crosstalk, and other colour defects.

All consumer grade DLP projectors have a slight colour tint difference between the two eyes at 85Hz.
One eye might have a slightly bluer tint and the other eye might have a slightly more pinky tint.
This is only something that is noticed when wearing LCS 3D glasses - it can't be seen in 2D.

> Woods, A.J., and Rourke, T., (2007) “The compatibility of consumer DLP projectors
> with time-sequential stereoscopic 3D visualization”, presented at Stereoscopic Displays
> and Applications XVIII, published in Stereoscopic Displays and Virtual Reality Systems
> XIV, Proceedings of IS&T/SPIE Electronic Imaging Vol. 6490, San Jose, California.

In this paper we tested the Sharp XR10X. Unfortunately we have no experience with the XR10XL.

With some projectors we did notice severe colour disruption at higher frequencies.
It does not sound like you are experiencing this - the best way to test this is using a colour bar test image.

In DLP projectors which do correctly synchronise, some ghosting/crosstalk defects are still usually present and this is usually caused by the LCS 3D glasses.
You will notice in Figure 5 of this paper ( http://www.cmst.curtin.edu.au/publicat/2002-09.pdf ) that there is lots of red leakage in the off state for the example pair of LCS 3D glasses.
The other potential source of crosstalk is the timing of the switching of the glasses.

Please read at least the first paper and this may enable you to clarify your observations.
chrisjarram

Post by chrisjarram »

Hi Andrew,

Many thanks for your quick reponse to my request for your comments :)

A couple of things I'd like to clear up from what you have said, as I have both a BenQ MP720P and a Sharp XR-10XL here using the same glasses. Firstly the difference in tint you say can be seen in 3d and not in 2d. Without the glasses, on the MP720P I clearly see the colour tint between the 2 images (obviously I can see the images simulataneously without the glasses on). Without the glasses on the XR-10XL there is no such colour difference between the 2 images - and this is the same result as what people report for the XR-10X.

When using the glasses, there is no ghosting / crosstalk whatsoever between each eye for the MP720P, only the difference in tint (close one eye, the image is slightly blue, close the other eye it is more purple etc). When using the glasses for the XR-10XL, if I close one eye, then the other, the colour is almost exactly the same, however, there is a pure red outline (ghost) of the other eyes image in each eye.

Now, from what you are saying this should not have anything to do with phosphor response times (obviously, as we are using DLP's, not CRTs), and though you say this is a characteristic of the glasses I am not seeing this problem with the 720P. I've read both your papers, and looked at the one that shows the interleaving between each eye and the colour wheel, and it would appear from what I can see, the shutter of the glasses does not switch at the right time to avoid seeing the 'red' colour wheel pass from the next refresh. Does this make sense? If this is the case, I am in the process of obtaining a hardware dongle similar to the one you described you created in your 2007-05.pdf paper to offset the time the glasses switch slightly to try and reduce this -

Does the above make sense to you (please correct me if I am way off base!), and do you think there is any possibility the use of this dongle would reduce the ghosting / crosstalk seen in the XR-10XL?

Thanks so much again for your help, I'm sure everyone in the community will agree with me the work you have done here is fantastic.

Chris

Reading paper refers to CRT phosphor response times.

AWoods wrote:Firstly it's important to differentiate between ghosting/crosstalk, and other colour defects.

nubie
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by nubie »

All of this would be solved if there was a consumer circular polarized multiple color wheel.

Sorry for the OT, but I can't stand it when simple technology is not available just so they can charge you at amusement parks and theaters.

Could there be a custom manufactured color wheel replacement with high-quality multiple colors and circular polarization? Even if costing north of $1000 it would still be the best practical 3D imaginable, you could watch with passive glasses and buy a box of em for $xx so everyone can see it too.

I really hope the tech becomes mainstream, maybe if the 3D DLP guys can cover their design costs they can start offering consumer models. Demand is low though :(.
CAVE, see what all the fuss is about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6NN5JKlIi0
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

Would you be open to putting these images in our gallery? When off-site galleries go down, the posts get ruined, and we want your contributions to stand the test of time! :P

Regards,
Neil
The_Doctor

Post by The_Doctor »

Yes, go ahead, not sure what they would be good for though.

I'm going to report when I get the "real" xr-10x.
Xerion

Post by Xerion »

Glad I got the real one. No problems like yours here. There's just a problem with the remaining lamp life not being shown correctly; It hardly goes down and it's actually higher than when I first turned it on :shock:. Hope my bulb won't blow...

Now to get a new pair of shutterglasses as mine stopped working out of the blue 2 weeks ago or so. (I have tried new batteries ;))
Current Rig: Intel i7 920 @ 4.0GHz, 6 GB ram, Geforce GTX670 -> Nvidia 3D Vision on LG 47LM615S (interlaced, spoofing Zalman EDID) + Oculus Rift
Control Peripherals: Novint Falcon, Razer Hydra, P5 Glove, XBOX 360 Controller, Wiimote, Saitek X52 Pro (flight control system), Logitech G27 (racing wheel), Logitech G15 (keyboard), Razer Naga Molten Edition (mouse)
chrisjarram

Post by chrisjarram »

Any luck sorting this out yet btw?
The_Doctor

Post by The_Doctor »

chrisjarram wrote:Any luck sorting this out yet btw?
Nope. They received the returned projector and called me to tell me they don't have any xr-10x, only the xr-10x-L. They said they will never have any xr-10x. All the auctions (and they have like 20/day) still say xr-10x even though the guy on the phone said it was "an error in the listing" :roll:
chrisjarram

Post by chrisjarram »

LOL Thats rediculous. I put this to them also (that they are still advertising the 10X) and they didnt respond. Im in the UK and bought 3 of these - it cost me $190 in shipping and $270 in import tax, which Global PCT are now legally liable for as a result of this. I've been trying to sort this out for a week - they really are stupid as in terms of selling a model which is not advertised (without first checking with the customer) they don't have a legal leg to stand on when customers seek compensation for losses. Its also going to cost $300 to ship these back to them from here, so this little 'error' in their listing has just left them $760 out of pocket. lmao!
The_Doctor

Post by The_Doctor »

They should refund your money - tell them you tried to get them working at 85HZ in stereoscopic mode and would have kept them if they would work. It works with the xr-10x and that's what you paid for. I hope it works out, that's a lot of money down the drain.

So far they have been ok to deal with for the exchange/refund part. Still annoying though. I found it interesting that they kept emailing me asking them to "leave positive feedback" since they go the "extra mile" for me. Umm..ok. I'm making unreasonable demands I guess.
The_Doctor

Post by The_Doctor »

The_Doctor wrote:They should refund your money - tell them you tried to get them working at 85HZ in stereoscopic mode and would have kept them if they would work. It works with the xr-10x and that's what you paid for. I hope it works out, that's a lot of money down the drain.

So far they have been ok to deal with for the exchange/refund part. Still annoying though. I found it interesting that they kept emailing me asking them to "leave positive feedback" since they go the "extra mile" for me. Umm..ok. I'm making unreasonable demands I guess.
Edit: You may want to call and talk to them, it's a lot easier than waiting forever for emails.
chrisjarram

Post by chrisjarram »

The_Doctor wrote:
The_Doctor wrote:They should refund your money - tell them you tried to get them working at 85HZ in stereoscopic mode and would have kept them if they would work. It works with the xr-10x and that's what you paid for. I hope it works out, that's a lot of money down the drain.

Edit: You may want to call and talk to them, it's a lot easier than waiting forever for emails.

Yeah - I just need the refund promises in writing so I don't get stung for tax and shipping. Whatever happens I'd be taking legal action if I was left even a single dollar out of pocket anyway - and if they didn't respond to it they can also pay for a free trip to New York for me to attend court! :). I'm going to test these with a phase-change dongle as well to see if I can tweak them to run stereo 3D correctly but I'm not holding my breath. If they dont respond by this evening (we are 5 hours ahead of EST here) I'll give them a call.

Will let you know if the timing change works anyway...
The_Doctor

Post by The_Doctor »

Here's an update: I got a xr-10x (and even the picture shows xr-10x on the front of the projector) from another place. I asked them - is it a "real" xr-10x or something else - they said, oh yeah, it's xr-10x.

So, I got the box and it has 2 stickers on it. One says xr-10x and the other xr-11xc. After opening it it is a xr-11xc and this one is missing the lens cap as well. I honestly don't know what these people do selling stuff that doesn't match anything they describe. And what's the deal with the missing lens caps?

After turning it on and setting it to 85HZ the first 2 times I turned on stereo I got red tinting instead of blue. However it went away afte 2 seconds or so. Then I kept switching stereo on and off 3 of 4 times and it started with red tint that went away after 2 seconds. After the 4th time it doesn't have any tinting at all anymore when I turn stereo on now :? .

How is it going with that dongle?
chrisjarram

Post by chrisjarram »

The_Doctor wrote:Here's an update: I got a xr-10x (and even the picture shows xr-10x on the front of the projector) from another place. I asked them - is it a "real" xr-10x or something else - they said, oh yeah, it's xr-10x.

So, I got the box and it has 2 stickers on it. One says xr-10x and the other xr-11xc. After opening it it is a xr-11xc and this one is missing the lens cap as well. I honestly don't know what these people do selling stuff that doesn't match anything they describe. And what's the deal with the missing lens caps?

After turning it on and setting it to 85HZ the first 2 times I turned on stereo I got red tinting instead of blue. However it went away afte 2 seconds or so. Then I kept switching stereo on and off 3 of 4 times and it started with red tint that went away after 2 seconds. After the 4th time it doesn't have any tinting at all anymore when I turn stereo on now :? .

Right, Are you saying the stereo now works properly in rFactor with no 'ink' on the track? The 'tinting', is that what you were referring to - the 'ink' in rFactor?

If you've seen Andrew Wood's arti article on the colour wheel, basically I suspect the XR-10XL drops to 2x colour wheel speed (from 3) at 85hz. The slight 'red' ghost I am seeing is because each eye is catching one 'red' colour wheel pass of the next eye's image - purely becuase the glasses are very slightly out of sync with the colour wheel. The dongle delays this to bring them back into sync .

I have the dongle here but the time offset is slightly wrong. I'm going to be replacing the capacitor today to alter this and will let you know my findings. Sorry for the late response, this thread didnt notify me of an email response for some reason :-/
chrisjarram

Post by chrisjarram »

p.s. all 3 of mine came with lens caps! :)
The_Doctor wrote:Here's an update: I got a xr-10x (and even the picture shows xr-10x on the front of the projector) from another place. I asked them - is it a "real" xr-10x or something else - they said, oh yeah, it's xr-10x.

The_Doctor

Post by The_Doctor »

Yes, it works fine, so I guess the 11XC works. There's no ink anywhere - that's what I was referring to as the tinting.
chrisjarram wrote:

Right, Are you saying the stereo now works properly in rFactor with no 'ink' on the track? The 'tinting', is that what you were referring to - the 'ink' in rFactor?

If you've seen Andrew Wood's arti article on the colour wheel, basically I suspect the XR-10XL drops to 2x colour wheel speed (from 3) at 85hz. The slight 'red' ghost I am seeing is because each eye is catching one 'red' colour wheel pass of the next eye's image - purely becuase the glasses are very slightly out of sync with the colour wheel. The dongle delays this to bring them back into sync .

I have the dongle here but the time offset is slightly wrong. I'm going to be replacing the capacitor today to alter this and will let you know my findings. Sorry for the late response, this thread didnt notify me of an email response for some reason :-/
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

No Ink Blots for me Sharp XR10X-L

Post by The_Nephilim »

Hi, I would just like to report that I have the Sharp XR10X-L Proj. and I do NOT have the ink blots and I run at 85 hz?? '

I saw other people are having trouble with this Projector but I have NONE it seems to be working Flawlessly!! I had Dl'd GTR2 and rFactor and they worked perfectly?? :D

I was too a victim of the old mis labled or what ever they did with there listings?? but I guess I was Lucky and it just might be a hardware problem as reported at the 3d Website..

what drivers are you guys using ?? my Specs:

BFG Geforce 7950GT OC w/ 94.24 drivers??
The_Doctor

Post by The_Doctor »

I don't have it anymore, but it didn't matter what drivers I was using.

Who knows what they put inside, it seems that they label units at random, xr-10x, 10xl, 11xc, 11xr-c whatever. Maybe yours has the good electronics.
echeva
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by echeva »

Hi!

I'm desperated. I got the XR-10X some months ago and I suffer the same weird effects The_doctor had with his 1st projector.

I can confirm the label in the projector's front and bottom side says XR-10X, not any other thing!

Any idea?
The_Doctor

Post by The_Doctor »

chrisjarram, I assume you couldn't get this fixed with the dongle you were working on?

echeva, can you return it? You need to get different ones until one works, it seems Sharp is refurbishing these and putting different stuff inside them.
echeva
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by echeva »

No, unfortunately, I got it months ago, and have been so busy lately I had no time to enter the forums and share my troubles. It works at 75Hz smoothly, but not at 85 Hz. So i have buyed a XR11-XC in ebay and I will try and sell the XR10. I will tell you the results when I received it.

I had been experimenting with stereoscopic video, I travelled to Iguazu and did my 1st test recording 3D stereoscopic video and taking some 3d pictures with a 3D lens for my SLR camera. I find 75 Hz fairly acceptable for some dark movies like Haunted Casle 3D and for some dark games as DOOM3, but it is very unconfortable for outdoors 3d stereoscopic pictures.

As said, I will tell you what happens with XR11-XC
The_Doctor

Post by The_Doctor »

Xr-11xc worked for me. It did the color thing the first time I turned stereo on, but after that never again. I hope it works out for you.
echeva
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by echeva »

Bad news :-(

Got X11RC and still presents the colour troubles at 85 Hz!

I don't know what to do know :-(
The_Doctor

Post by The_Doctor »

Send it back if you can or maybe send a pm to chrisjarram, maybe he had succes with a modified dongle.

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”