Pi-Cell Specifications

Shutter glasses and custom polarized! Talk about them here.
mpiche
One Eyed Hopeful

Pi-Cell Specifications

Post by mpiche »

Hey there,

I'm wondering if anyone around here would know where I can find the specifications for pi-cell LCDs. I have a pair of edimensional glasses that I want to build a driver for, and I want to do it right.

I've been looking everyone for some basic specs like voltage and duty cycle, but can't find anything.

Thanks!
tritosine5G
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Re: Pi-Cell Specifications

Post by tritosine5G »

-Biased for 0 Gen HMD's to hell and back must be one hundred percent hell bent bias!
mpiche
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mpiche »

Thanks trtosine, that looks pretty good.

Anyone know of edimensional (or pi-cell) specific? Either from a spec sheet or trial and error? I want to hold off blowing my pair of glasses up until I've exhausted all of my other resources.

I've heard that there has to be some sort of 3V level to keep it in a "transparent" state then a 20V driving signal to turn it on or off... but I can't find either official information or concrete testimonials about this.
Petrus
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Petrus »

I've made some reverse-engineering on an Xpand X-101 PI-cell glasses :
http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=10169" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mpiche
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mpiche »

Nice Petrus!

Where did you learn all of this stuff, like how did you know the 2V level across the LCD is called the "Pi State"?
Petrus
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Petrus »

I've just made some research on Internet :
http://www.liquidcrystaltechnologies.co ... i_Cell.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mpiche
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mpiche »

Thanks Petrus!
lish
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by lish »

mpiche wrote:Hey there,

I'm wondering if anyone around here would know where I can find the specifications for pi-cell LCDs. I have a pair of edimensional glasses that I want to build a driver for, and I want to do it right.

I've been looking everyone for some basic specs like voltage and duty cycle, but can't find anything.

Thanks!
Hi, so far as I know the PI-cell use a hight voltage to black the shutter(on) and use a low voltage bright the shutter(bright).

so you can driver the PI-cell with a waveform about 27V and 3.3V

Return to “3D Glasses”