New NVIDIA Vist Beta Out

Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

New NVIDIA Vist Beta Out

Post by Neil »

New NVIDIA Vista beta is out. You can get it in our downloads section. Post your results HERE.

Regards,
Neil
Last edited by Neil on Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cirk2
Certif-Eyed!

Post by cirk2 »

Dam and I killed my bios Yesterday... :(

But it is 32bit only or?
because I got vista 64bit...
Neil

Post by Neil »

I was told 32 only. I'm spending the day getting my Vista machine together so I'll be ready when the monitor comes.

Regards,
Neil
yomer
Cross Eyed!

Post by yomer »

Are these Zalman only drivers? Or do they work for other solutions like shutterglasses or projection?
ribuck
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ribuck »

Ok guys, i'll start the ball rolling here's Some results from my initial testing of Games. Please note, these are tested using the standard game config files that came with the driver. tweaking the game configs may give better results in some cases.

Flight Simulator X (Updated)
--------------------
Unfortunately this did not seem to work at all, sorry guys.
(Update 18th march 2008 is Still not working after lawndarts fix )

The Witcher
--------------
excellent feel of depth, and excellent all round good s3d presentation. No visible ghosting, very smooth to play. There is no confusing text, and what text there is is clear and easily readable.

depth of View = 9/10 - possibly a 10.
Visual quality = 9/10 - no ghosting, nice and clear.
On Screen Text = 8/10 - very clear and readable
General S3D Feel = 9/10 - would have been nice to see some out of screen effects.

Startrek Legacy
------------------
Was disappointed with this. a good feel of depeth but the on screen text is rendered in such a way it distracts your eyes and makes the game almost unplayable.

depth of View = 5/10 - Not too bad but spoiled by the text distraction
Visual quality = 5/10 - ok nothing startling
On Screen Text = 1/10 - very confusing and badly rendered.
General S3D Feel = 3/10 - On screen text badly rendered, so this spoils the whole game.

world In conflict
------------------
This was quite a suprise. you can increase the seperation massively to give a real deep feel to the game, dare i say almost god like. The image quality is crisp but is only spolied by the fact that the label above your units seems to be rendered differently in 2d compared to the rest of the game, so it can distract your focus a little bit. Overall very enjoyable giving the game a real top down feel, and watching a building smoking in flames in the distance is a treat.

depth of View = 8/10 - spoilt by the 2d unit tags
Visual quality = 9/10 - no ghosting, nice and clear, great god lke sense of depth looking down
On Screen Text = 6/10 - very clear and readable, but spoilt by being rendered in 2d
General S3D Feel = 7/10 - If the unit tags were in 3d this would have been given a 9, but it spoils it a little.

Rfactor
--------
bit of a strange one, your car dashboard inside the car has depth, but the rest of the outdoor scenery seems to be lacking any real depth. disappointing.

depth of View = 5/10 - Dashboard looks great, the rest looks poor.
Visual quality = 7/10 - tiny amount of ghosting.
On Screen Text = 6/10 - ok nothing to write home about.
General S3D Feel = 5/10 - Great dasboard, the rest is a little poor.

Ship Simulator (Yes sad i know, but it's quite relaxing) (Updated)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Updated 10th Mar 2008 - After lawndarts fix, this now works properly and gives a very good 3d feel to it, I would go as far as saying an unsettling feeling like you really ar eon a ship, especially if you run round the desk of the ship in rough sea. Really good fun, and it does feel like you are on a boat.

depth of View = 9/10 - Really good feel to the 3d making it a fun experience (if you get sea sick dont try this....lol)
Visual quality = 8/10 - tiny amount of ghosting.
On Screen Text = 7/10 - ok nothing to write home about.
General S3D Feel = 8/10 - Great overall feel, with only some minor ghosting at times but not all the time.

Call of duty 4
---------------
I had great expectations for this, but was let down. the Initial depth is there, but the on screen aiming cursor spoils the feeling of depth and can be very confusing.

depth of View = 5/10 - Spoilt by aiming cursor and on screen floating text which distracts the eyes and makes it very confusing.
Visual quality = 7/10 - no ghosting,but not as crisp as others
On Screen Text = 5/10 - All the text is floating above the screen so again distracts your eyes.
General S3D Feel = 5/10 - On screen flotaing text and aiming cursor spoils the effect.

Oblivion (updated)
----------------------
Well since i've turned my glasses upside down it certaily has some 3d depth to it, but it's very dispointing in comparison to other games, there is some depth apparent, but it just doesn't have the feeling of depth like witcher and wow, and still suffers from some minor ghosting.

depth of View = 6/10 - Pretty decent, but still some ghosting.
Visual quality = 6/10 - some ghosting and if your increase the seperation too much it puts white borders down the side of the screen
On Screen Text = 8/10 - clear and readable
General S3D Feel = 6/10 - Not as good as i expected.

(Upate 10march 18:23 - it looks like they got the eye's swapped the wrong way round for this. when you turn the glasses upside down, you get depth, but there is also some ghosting.)

Colin mcrae dirt (Updated)
-------------------------------
(Upate 10march 18:23 - Same problems as oblivion. it looks like they got the eye's swapped the wrong way round for this. when you turn the glasses upside down, you get depth, but there is also some ghosting.)

Some feel of depth but still not great.

depth of View = 3/10 - very poor
Visual quality = 9/10 - no ghosting, nice and clear.
General S3D Feel = 4/10 - everything is nice and clear just no feel of depth.

Tomb raider anniversary
----------------------------
I saved the best for last. what can i say except wow, this game blew me away, the feel of depth was amazing and everything is crisp and clear with zero ghosting.

depth of View = 10/10 - Amazing depth and 3d feel.
Visual quality = 10/10 - no ghosting, nice and clear.
General S3D Feel = 10/10 - Amazing depth, but would have been nice to see some out of screen effects.

World Of warcraft (Updated 18th Mar 2008)
-------------------------------------------------

Thanks to the fix for this from lawndart. The overall feel was very good with very good depth visually is stunning, gives the WOW world a real new feel to it, it's like playing another game as the s3d enhances it so much. Characters and scenery all have good depth adding to the realism. Now when your running through the wow world, roads do feel like they go off into the distance.

depth of View = 10/10 - Amazing depth and 3d feel.
Visual quality = 10/10 - no ghosting, nice and clear.
General S3D Feel = 10/10 - Amazing depth, with some nice out of screen affects also noticed.

Eve Online (Updated 18th mar 2008)
--------------------------------------------
If you turn of the premium graphics as well as other nice things like lens flare etc, you can get eve to work. I found that it was difficult to get a ghost free image without loosing the depth. Hopefully this will be a bit better in the final driver release.

depth of View = 4/10 - ok, but nothing to shout about, hard to get a ghost free image.
Visual quality = 6/10 - hard to get a crisp cleasr image.
On Screen Text = 5/10 - text suffers on this game as it is quite small.
General S3D Feel = 5/10 - overall feel was disapointing.

Tigerwoods 2008 Golf
-------------------------
Wow this just totally changes the game. it makes it feel like the golf course on the screen could nearly be real. There is some minor ghosting.

depth of View = 10/10 - Amazing depth and 3d feel, like you're standing on the course.
Visual quality = 8/10 - excellent quality, but players have a minor bit of ghosting.
On Screen Text = 8/10 - Everythingis crisp and sharp, only map of course is floating.
General S3D Feel = 9/10 - Amazing depth, and when you see the ball replays flying through the air, you feel you are i the air.

Silent hunter 4 (updated 17th Mar 2008)
-----------------------------------------------
currently does not work at all.

Ribuck
Last edited by ribuck on Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:35 am, edited 6 times in total.
Neil

Post by Neil »

Can you upload some screen shots to the gallery? Put the bad ones in the anomaly database, and the good ones in the other sections.

Regards,
Neil
ribuck
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ribuck »

Updated information test information
------------------------------------------

regarding Oblivion and Colin mcrae dirt. both games have the left and right eye swapped the wrong way. if you turn glasses upside down depth appears but with some ghosting.

ribuck
Neil

Post by Neil »

THere should be a hotkey you can press to reverse the eyes.

Regards,
Neil
The_Doctor
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by The_Doctor »

It doesn't sound very promising. So much time and so little to show for :?
CarlKenner
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by CarlKenner »

Has anyone got anaglyph mode working? For me it just says "Only anaglyph mode allowed on this display" and shows everything in mono. Anaglyph stereo is not working for me at all.
ribuck
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ribuck »

Updated results with World of warcraft and Eve Online, and it's bad news.
zebrastealer
Two Eyed Hopeful

Registry tweaks?

Post by zebrastealer »

Is there any likelihood that some registry tweaks/hacks might enable stereo support for other display modes with this driver?
Damn! I just realized I am one of the first Users on MTBS3d. Joined April 2007 - the month after MTBS3d first opened its doors.

Occulus Rift dev kit, waiting for the release version or a good screen hack....
3 x 24 inch monitors running nVidia surround 3d
Mong
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Mong »

I have a few questions:

1) Does post processing work with these drivers?

2) Does SLi work with these drivers?

3) What games do or do not work correctly?

4) And if they do work, what percentage of Frame rates taxes your video card (30% to 50%)?

5) And finally, can anyone give an honest opinion and compare it to the iZ3D driver.

Thanks. :)
ribuck
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ribuck »

it's not all bad, there are also some amazing results with the games that do work.

For an Honest opinion about Zalman Vs Iz3d you have to ask Oruq as he has both. Unfortunately he is staying at his parents for another 49 days, so he does not have the screens there..

With regards to the frame rate, everything seems to run silky smooth, but i will run a benchmark now as a comparison.
ribuck
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ribuck »

ok benchmark results, i used aquamark 3d bechmark software for the test.

Stereo Disbaled = 134 Fps
stereo Enabled = 85fps

so by my maths this is about a 37% drop
Mong
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Mong »

Thanks for the info ribuck but try crysis and see if at 1024x768 what FPS you get (on the iZ3D taxes me 35% max) ....hmmm I've got a feeling once iZ3D Team release their new glasses, their won't be much difference between the two LCDs which is a good thing for the 3D market.

And hopefully the market will start to grow down under.........in Australia thank you! :roll: :lol:
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

37% FPS drop seem to be quite good. That might be due to
1) Half resolution (interlaced on Zalman)
2) Better optimimazation

All in all the driver features sound a lot like the older Nvidia drivers... Could you compare the new one with the old one? If you don't have 64bit...
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
ribuck
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ribuck »

Updated with tigerwoods 2008 results.

right i'll leave some to other people now..lol.
ribuck
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ribuck »

Mong i cant do that with crysis, it has to be the native 1680x1050 resolution for the stereo to work, so at that res a 37% drop isn't bad, but this will vary from system to system.

I am running a Q6600 quad core @ 3.6ghz with a 8800 GTS 512MB (G92) and 4gb of DDR2 1000mhz Memory.
genetic
Cross Eyed!

Post by genetic »

ribuck wrote:
Oblivion
---------
Talk about disappointment. this was the game i was most eager to play and it's a flop. The stereo is enabled and looking without the glasses images are seperated quite a bit, but the game just doesn't seem to have any real feel of depth. :( the complete of what i expected. If only it was like witcher.

depth of View = 1/10 - Pactically none.
Visual quality = 3/10 - some ghosting and if your increase the seperation too much it puts white borders down the side of the screen
On Screen Text = 8/10 - clear and readable
General S3D Feel = 2/10 - A real let down.

(Upate 10march 18:23 - it looks like they got the eye's swapped the wrong way round for this. when you turn the glasses upside down, you get depth, but there is also some ghosting.)

You probably already know this ribuck, but with a little work, the s3D in Oblivion is wonderful.
of course, you must pay for it with your soul,
and by soul I mean lots and lots of beautiful lighting FX.

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=51874

this is the key
bDoImageSpaceEffects=0
ryan_yen
One Eyed Hopeful

Support iZ3D?

Post by ryan_yen »

Hi:
Is the beta driver support iZ3D monitor?
android78
Certif-Eyable!

Post by android78 »

I would be interrested to know what hardware people are testing the new beta on?
Does this add any functionality/compatability in terms of hardware? ie. is the 8800 now supported? is it time for me to put in an order for the VR920, expecting someone to create a hack to make it work?
apogrif
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by apogrif »

hi all
i just want to tell thank you to ribuck and neil for this annouce and this post.

nice info here i m wainting for the final driver then i ll have to choose between iZ3D and ZALMAN solution.

aarrrrrrggg it's a hard to choose
Knasp
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Knasp »

Do some ingame benchmarks as well! :)

Does someone have the 9600GT to try with?
ribuck
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ribuck »

Apogrif you are welcome. If you have any questions about the Zalman, just let me know. also ask Oruq when he is back as he has both screens and i believe neil will also soon have both screens, so they are the best people to ask for a biased view on both screens.
Intel Q6600 Quad core @ 3.6Ghz
Asus P5E (X38 Chipset) Motherboard
Nvidia 8800 GTS 512MB (G92)
4GB GSkill 1000Mhz DDR2
Zalman 22" Stereo Monitor
Thaban
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Thaban »

I have done some quick tests with this new driver on my sytem. I have a 8800gts and edim shutter glasses.
After installation, i could only choose anaglyph mode, wich seemed to work great in the test application and medical test immage. However, there was a big message in the screen stating; "Only anaglyph allowed for this display", and i dont have anaglyph glasses to test if the 3D is rendered correctly.

I tested only three games so far. The Witcher seemed to work great, with no visual anomalies or anything, i'll probably get some anaglyph glasses later today to check for sure. I also tested World Of Warcraft and Unreal Tournament 3, they both gave 0 result. No anaglyph whatsoever and some nasty artifacts in World of Warcraft.

I tried to find some registry entry's that could help unlocking other modes than anaglyph, but din't get any results out of it. I recon the driver checks the monitor ID to determine wich 3d modes are available. Might be a good idea to use a modded VGA cable so that de driver ID isnt passed to the system. Maybe i'll test that this evening.
Knasp
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Knasp »

Has anyone tried the Valve/Source games? How does Portal work?
ribuck
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ribuck »

Please post requests for games to be tested, as I may already have these games or can at least download and try the Demo's.

Once i test the game the game with the new driver i will give a brief summary of findings.

Please note that my testing is just a very quick check to see if the drivers work. All games would need to be tested properly following the MTBS certification programme, and the tests i am conducting are no substitue for this.

Regards,
Ribuck.
4GB GSkill 1000Mhz DDR2
v3ry
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by v3ry »

I have tested source game,work great but need to desactivate hdr (post processing render isn't in) i have tested in anaglyph (ps: team fortress 2 dont have good render in anaglyph,ingame color is same of glass lool.)
Knasp
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Knasp »

Here are my games requests:

- Company of Heroes + Expansion (Opposing Fronts) Because it adds "rain" which might blur the 3d effect?
- Supreme Commander (It's on the "supported games list if I'm not mistaken)
- Civilization IV
- Crysis
- Medieval II Total War
- DoD:S

Hell, I'll be glad if you can test just one of them
:wink:
ribuck
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ribuck »

I have the following games:

- Company of Heroes + Expansion (Opposing Fronts) Because it adds "rain" which might blur the 3d effect?
- Supreme Commander (It's on the "supported games list if I'm not mistaken)
- Civilization IV
- Crysis

I will do Crysis and and Company of Heroes tonight and the rest later in the week.

what is DoD:S, as i have not heard of this, so i will need to look for demo, along with Medieval II Total War. Will update the list later tonight.

I will email Zalman to try and find out how to get screen dumps from the new driver as ctrl + f1 / Shift + f1 did not seem to work.
4GB GSkill 1000Mhz DDR2
Knasp
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Knasp »

Looking forward to your reviews :)

DoD:S would be Day of Defeat : Source.
VadersApp
Cross Eyed!

Post by VadersApp »

I checked the install files. On first view they look the same as the xp drivers.

Maybe it is possible to get all stereo solutions work again with several tweakings. I ll try when i am back from my vacation which will end in 1 hour :(.

But its a 22h travel from punta cana to to my hometown in germany. its nice to know that there is hope for gaming in S3d. i also have to try the new vr920 drivers which came out during my vacation. that will be fun :)
cirk2
Certif-Eyed!

Post by cirk2 »

Hi,

can you test WoW again, but disabel the Fullscreen Glow and Deth effect, the already made trubel on xp.

I want to do it myself but I only have vista 64bit...
VadersApp
Cross Eyed!

Post by VadersApp »

Did some first tests. Got Shutterglasses be displayed in the controlpanel via registry tweaking, but when S3D starts it is anaglyph. I recognized that i have DisplayID entry in the Stereo3d registry. its a hex code 19xxx. I changed it to 0 and after started S3D its again 19xxx.

Maybe someone with a Zalman can look into it and post the DisplayID.
ribuck
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ribuck »

hey i tested the zalman again on wow with the effects turned off, but it made n difference. the problem is very strange and looks like a S3d convergance issues. For example, there is n sense of depth but the real wierd thing is that anything close to the forefront of the screen, i.e. your character is in focus, but anything in the distance looses convergance the further away it is.

i.e. i can look at a bit of scenery close up and this is fine, but the further away i walk from it, the scenery object seperates further apart, whilst my character stays in perfect focus. very odd.

regards,
Ribuck.
4GB GSkill 1000Mhz DDR2
cirk2
Certif-Eyed!

Post by cirk2 »

I know what you mean, the Character, bildings, monsters, etc. are in 3d, bit the Terrain is 2d.

if I only can remember how I fixed it...

It is too long ago, most time I used the E-Dimmensional software, beause It also works on my 64bit machine (with a drop from 160fps to 20).

You may thrying disabeling the texture filter (move the bar to the left)
Knasp
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Knasp »

Oh an while you're at it, please try Battlefield 2 as well.

I hope you get alot of free time to try the screen :lol:
3Dward
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 3Dward »

There are ups and downs to these new drivers.
I believe it is mopre productive at this stage to speak about the good points.
Many games don't work but some nearly do !

Those have a great 3D look except the interface slides out and you cant read text or see your life points... this has always been the case but I believe the new drivers might include a fix for this. wouldn't that be good news ?!

Posted this on nVidia Forums as well:

I'm currently testing the new Zalman edition stereo drivers.
There's this new feature which sound like a fix for the text problem, at least this seems to be a logical generic solution to this problem :

CTRL F9 - F10 now call a command called "Cutoff near depth" .

Clearly the text problem occurs in games where the interface is drawn at a certain depth, probably the nearest to the viewer: when setting the convergence for a good 3D effect, the interface is the first to slide out of screen becoming invisible.

I presume the cutoff near depth feature is here to prevent the nearest items from being split into left and right images.

I'm trying to fix it for SOE's Vanguard right now to test this theory but can't seem to find the correct depth setting.

I'd appreciate if someone could confirm the "cutoff near depth" feature works somewhat like described above, and if it does, any hint on how to track the interface depth would certainly help.

For example does it make any sense to look for the interface between -200 and +200 ? that could take a bit of time to locate...
Knasp
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Knasp »

I'm sorry I can't help, but do you have a Zalman screen? If so, the 19" or the 22"?

Just curious...

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”