Stand to switch between monitors for S-3D?

chilledsanity
Cross Eyed!

Stand to switch between monitors for S-3D?

Post by chilledsanity »

I used S-3D a while back with the revelators and really miss it today. However, I also miss the visual quality my CRT monitor provided back then and it took me a long time to an LCD monitor to replace it (nice IPS monitor). My main issue with switching to a 3D display is the visual quality will almost certainly be inferior to what I'm currently using as my main monitor. So in short, I'm interested in a 3D monitor for use in games with shutterglasses, and my current monitor for everything else. Is there some sort of stand out there that could easily rotate in displays to the center position so it wouldn't be much of a hassle to "swap out?" Alternately if someone wants to suggest an alternate solution (besides going anaglyph or building a second system), I'm open to that too.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Stand to switch between monitors for S-3D?

Post by cybereality »

You can get some monitor arms that will let you do this. Like the Ergotron Lx Dual:
http://www.amazon.com/Lx-Dual-Side-Arm/dp/B0036FQ23A" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Only works for 24" or smaller display though.
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

Another choice could be to buy a 3D DLP projector, that way the experience would be very different than with a second LCD monitor and it wouldn't suffer the comparison. And S3D is a lot better with higher diagonal sizes, for games or movies.
chilledsanity
Cross Eyed!

Post by chilledsanity »

My main issue with projectors is not only are they expensive, but on top of that I would have to keep paying for new bulbs. Also at the moment I don't have the kind of space to accommodate one, though that could change down the line.

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”