Infocus IN146 Reviews?

Share your experiences and learn about big-screen 3D gaming.
fReAq
Two Eyed Hopeful

Infocus IN146 Reviews?

Post by fReAq »

Im interested in this projector. A friend is getting 3 of these delivered in a week or two, but I even so there are a couple things I would like to know.

I currently have the viewsonic pjd6321w which is fine for my needs although when switching from 60hz to 120hz the lumens output about halves.
Is this only the case for the viewsonic? Or will the Infocus have this problem too?

The Infocus has a lumens output of 2700. Will this be comparable to long throw 3000 lumens?

Thanks!
tritosine5G
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Re: Infocus IN146 Reviews?

Post by tritosine5G »

infocus going to throw around 1000-1100 lumens at most in 3D, rather 900 at most.

The 2D lumens are really overspecced, those are so high because the projector works like an LCD projector in that mode, thwowing constant light. At 120hz its not constant hence much lower , and motion handling is much better.

I agree 3000 lumens wouldnt hurt now, after shutters some colors are particulary weak, like RED.

I rather want RED LED not colorwheel, I think that might be able to punch thru, especially if I open the projector up for some polarized light recycling.
-Biased for 0 Gen HMD's to hell and back must be one hundred percent hell bent bias!

Return to “3D Projectors”