DualHead2go resolution

Tutorials on how to create your own rigs, pics, movies, and everything that has to do with S-3D at home!
pitrz
One Eyed Hopeful

DualHead2go resolution

Post by pitrz »

Hi guys,

does any of you have experience or access to an analog version of dualhead2Go?

I would like to know if it is possible to make it output 1280x480 (2x640 x 480).
I know official specs don't say it, but i've come up on a few posts on the net which say it can be done - but nothing solid. :-(

I have an old virtual research V6 (which i still think is the best hmd i've ever used) and would like to use dh2go in combination with iz3D driver (side by side mode) to drive it from my laptop.

Thanks,

pitrz
zacherynuk
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: DualHead2go resolution

Post by zacherynuk »

I see what you mean:

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/produ ... tions.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It harps on about VGA inputs and outputs, but doesn't actually specify VGA as a resolution it supports.

Can't help you on the DH2G... but, what laptop do you have ? if it's halfway decent it may have a dual output capability already, even if it's hidden in a DVI-D connector...
skrubol
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by skrubol »

I have the digital version, but the next time I have it hooked up, I'll see if I can enable 1280x480.
pitrz
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by pitrz »

Hi, i was actully able to buy a used dh2go for 60 usd. I've tried yesterday and i am definitely getting image in the v6 from dh2go. It is usable but it is not a 100 percent solution, sincee the image seems a little smaller then it should be. I will try to fine tune the timings when i have time for it.

Regarding my laptop, i have a macbook pro with nv 9600 gt. I will look into the dual output thing you wrote about. I think i have already seen it somewhere, but i wasnt sure how should it be connected and if it works for analog too.. So i forgot:)

So you guys have idea what i am playing with: i have two spacepoint fusion trackers. I have attached one to the hmd and the other is hand held.
I have taken the unity3d engine island demo and modified it so it accepts input from the trackers -one is used for headtacking and the other for navigating.

It is actually really cool setup including themisland demo, far better then anything else i have played with, but i want to get rid of my desktop pc and make this a portable vr setup..
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Oh wow, that sounds really cool. You should take some pictures and start a new thread in the VR section.
descartz
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by descartz »

there are display-link adapter available to connect upto 8 displays using USB port. free to adjust resolution from 640x480 to 1920x1080, the adapter was just selling less than US$50 from here at Hong Kong.
Johnny-Mnemonic
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Johnny-Mnemonic »

Wow!
pitrz, just noticed your thread, great setup you have!
...but i want to get rid of my desktop pc and make this a portable vr setup..
How do you plan to make a portable VR setup if you still need to supply power to V6 HMD?
descartz wrote:there are display-link adapter available to connect upto 8 displays using USB port. free to adjust resolution from 640x480 to 1920x1080, the adapter was just selling less than US$50 from here at Hong Kong.
Such adapters are in fact USB video-cards, they have little response, and obviously no hardware acceleration for 3D. They cannot be used for VR.
Oculus Rift, Vuzix Wrap 920 AR!, Vuzix VR920, Liquid Image MRG 2.2, Razer Hydra, P5 Glove, Microsoft Kinect, TrackIR5, 2 x Hillcrest Labs Freespace tracker, Fujifilm finepix real 3d w3, GeForce 9800GT 1Gb, GeForce GT 430 1Gb, DELL XPS 17 l702x with GeForce 555 GT 3Gb, and good-old VFX1 setup

Return to “Do it Yourself!”