100% Free 3D Gaming (Free 3D Glasses)

cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

100% Free 3D Gaming (Free 3D Glasses)

Post by cybereality »

Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Re: 100% Free 3D Gaming (Free 3D Glasses)

Post by Likay »

Nice tutorial!
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Likay wrote:Nice tutorial!
Thanks man. Glad someone likes it. Got a few thumbs-downs on YouTube, not sure why.
Chiefwinston
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Chiefwinston »

Well I liked it. So thank you. I'm not a big fan of anaglyph. But are there any higher quality in frame glasses you would recommend. I might have to break out my old "creature from the black lagoon" DVD and give it a try,also.

cheers everyone
AMD HD3D
i7
DDD
PS3
Panasonic Plasma VT25 50" (Full HD 3D)
Polk Audio- Surround 7.1
Serving up my own 3D since 1996.
(34) Patents
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

cybereality wrote:Thanks man. Glad someone likes it. Got a few thumbs-downs on YouTube, not sure why.
Nevermind those. It's a well done tut and hopefully the introduction to 3d for many! The cross of being "official". :D
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Chiefwinston wrote:I'm not a big fan of anaglyph. But are there any higher quality in frame glasses you would recommend.
So far I have had the best luck with the Pro-Ana anaglyph glasses. But the paper ones I am sending out are pretty close to them in color. Depending on your monitor/tv and the content, then different glasses may work better. The other ones that are good are Pro-View and Ana-Chrome. They all alter the coloring different and give different levels of ghosting. It may depend on whether you want a ghost-free experience, or more natural colors. But the Pro-Ana are probably the overall best bet. Also, I will of course send you my paper glasses for free if you send me a PM.
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

I just wanted to follow up and let you guys know how the campaign is going. Now, I haven't have a monster response, but I have had a steady stream of people asking for glasses. On average I have been sending out 1 or 2 glasses every day, mostly outside the US. It seems to be slowing a little bit, but I am still getting PMs. So I am basically done with the first batch of 50, although I've already got another bag of 50 waiting. So far the replies I've gotten from people I sent the glasses to have all been positive. So, on some level, it is working and I'm very happy about that. Here are some of the responses I've gotten:
Just got mine, definitely great.
thanks man the glasses worked perfectly
Thank you! I got my glasses today too. Pretty sweet. Watched Avatar in 3D. Worked pretty good. Played some videogames in 3D. Especially racing games and 3D-shooters are awesome.
Granted, you do miss out on some of the colour, but that gets replaced with super awesome 3D! You do need a good computer (which I don't have), cause the frames per second will get cut in half...
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

So I found some other paper glasses that seem to be even better quality than the ones I've been giving out. These cost me just about the same amount, but have large filters and without any distracting text printed on them.
Anaglyph_03.jpg
Right now I have 50 of these new glasses, but I will probably order more since they are so good. Not quite as clear as plastic glasses like the Pro-Ana, but the quality of the filters seem on par. They deliver a minimal ghost experience, and the colors are still relatively bright. I think these will work well to introduce people to the world of 3D. I am almost done with the first batch of 100 glasses. I think I will have to do something special for the lucky 100th responder...

Also, just saw this comment on the video. Very nice:
coldplay4lyf wrote:I really guarantee this once start gaming in 3D there is no going back :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Congatulations to Juan de Dios Corrales Leal from Mexico!!!

He was the lucky 100th responder of the campaign, and has won a special price. He will be getting not one, not two, but FIVE paper anaglyph glasses to share with his friends and family. Not only that, but he will also receive a pair of brand new Pro-Ana anaglyph glasses, the highest quality available. These are the Rolls-Royce of anaglyph glasses, a great introduction into the world of 3D.
ProAna.JPG
This will not be the only winner. Every 100th person will also win the Pro-Ana glasses. And the lucky 1,000th responder will win something even more special, maybe the Nvidia 3D Vision glasses.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
stormtroopermx
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by stormtroopermx »

cybereality wrote:Congatulations to Juan de Dios Corrales Leal from Mexico!!!

He was the lucky 100th responder of the campaign, and has won a special price. He will be getting not one, not two, but FIVE paper anaglyph glasses to share with his friends and family. Not only that, but he will also receive a pair of brand new Pro-Ana anaglyph glasses, the highest quality available. These are the Rolls-Royce of anaglyph glasses, a great introduction into the world of 3D.
ProAna.JPG
This will not be the only winner. Every 100th person will also win the Pro-Ana glasses. And the lucky 1,000th responder will win something even more special, maybe the Nvidia 3D Vision glasses.
Thanx for that... i was really really lucky for winning this special prize... i really appreciate it...

Thanx cybereality for your kindness and for giving away the glasses for free...
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

stormtroopermx wrote: Thanx for that... i was really really lucky for winning this special prize... i really appreciate it...

Thanx cybereality for your kindness and for giving away the glasses for free...
No problem man. Anything to spread the word about 3D.
hsv
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by hsv »

Hi cybereality
Just got the glasses you sent, thank you very much. Just tried them and they are very good compared to my other ones. Must found some Pro-Ana ones and use those

Thanks you very much

Rhys

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”