Discuss with a Shutter emitter for IZ3D and DDD

Tutorials on how to create your own rigs, pics, movies, and everything that has to do with S-3D at home!
lish
One Eyed Hopeful

Discuss with a Shutter emitter for IZ3D and DDD

Post by lish »

Hi, all.
I want to design a shutter glasses for iz3D and DDD driver, so everybody owns a 120hz displays(LCDs or project) can play 3D games with the glasses.
The most important is how to sync the glasses, I think it can be work like this:
1. Get the sync form the VGA port of the PC, the problem is when the monitor connect with the DVI port how can we get sync from VGA port?.
2. I think it will be a method to get a sync from diretX and we can get it from the USB port.
If I am wrong, but please correct me... :roll:
Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Re: Discuss with a Shutter emitter for IZ3D and DDD

Post by Okta »

I think the engineers from iz3d and DDD have spent years on this and have given up. Their drivers rely on sync from the display. IZ3d have even removed the old style shutter support which worked above 60fps form their latest driver.
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Notch on the FaceDisgrace buyout.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Actually, the iz3d team are working on a generic shutter glass solution right now. Supposedly they have a working prototype. I think it syncs with USB.
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

Hi, I came up with an idea about a loopback 3d driver, so that you could use a dvi-d dual link output. So as long as you are using a dongle connected to vga to output to the glasss sync and then have a 120hz monitor connected to the other dvi-d port. Then by using a loopback sync driver it could in theory match the sync signal of the vga blue line code and be connected to the same sync or sync up with the dvi-d connection from the 120hz display.

so basically iz3d and ddd work in any configuration even nvidia, to display the 2 view stereo3d image. Just that you need to enable a timing to the glasses to the refresh rate and shut/open sequence on the glasses, through blue line code.

I tested iz3d through a vga dongle with my dvi-d 120hz monitor and vga projector by cloning the displays and then activating my e-d glasses with the ed.exe activator. I did get a stereo3d effect from the iz3d drivers on my 120hz monitor but it only lasted like 5 seconds then turned off for 5 seconds then the effect came back on for 5 seconds and so on.

Clearly you can use a 120hz dvi-d monitor with a vga dongle and iz3d, its just the timing is losing sync from the vga dongle not being connected directly the dvi-d monitor. This is why i suggest a loopback sync emitter driver so that it can get the dvi-d monitor sync properly and output it to the vga output to the dongle regardless if there is a monitor connected to this port.

Another question i have is if theres a vga to dvi-d dual link adapter, then all you would have to do is connect a 3d dongle to a dvi-d dual link to vga adapter to the 3d dongle then connect a vga to dvi-d dual link to your 120hz monitor. I'm not sure if theres the right bandwidth with vga though, possibly!

Also you can use a dvi conection to output a blueline code or similar since I currently use a dvi-d to vga adapter to use with my e-d glasses but only on my projector and not on my 120 hz monitor.

If a company made some usb wired glasses with a monitor sync driver and then let the user choose what 3d driver to use this would be nice.
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
quadrophoeniX
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by quadrophoeniX »

Hello,

I'v been through all this before, but now I came acroos the virtual emmitter driver I think I may pick up again.
Concerning deriving the sync signal for 3rd party glasses I can refer to my findings here
This should allow you to get Vesa sync also for digital mon itors/projectors, not only analog ones. You could even make a small box with dual link DVI-I input and DVI-D, VGA, and Vesa output, very versatile.

Hope this helps.

Return to “Do it Yourself!”