3D Technology Concept

Tutorials on how to create your own rigs, pics, movies, and everything that has to do with S-3D at home!
gelegeta
One Eyed Hopeful

3D Technology Concept

Post by gelegeta »

Hey,
Right well i was just wondering but is it possible to recreate the Nintendo 3DS Technology on a monitor using software
This is purely theory, a what if one, but i was just wondering whether it could be recreated through multiple layers, spread inches apart.
After looking online at the specs of the 3ds, its stated that they use a parralx barrier, however from what i gather online is that its different from the what 3DS actually uses. The Theory behind what im suggesting is that the 3ds does in fact use a 3d technology that is similar to the known 3d imagery in which two images are next to each other and if you stare in the middle of them then they become almost 3D. So would it be possible to break and image up into slices and duplicate it so to then make one image darker and the other lighter and slighty overlayed, which then would allow the eye to see 3d or similar. Anyways its only an idea so dont go on the attack about how stupid it may sound. But i would like to hear other peoples views and suggesting just in case there is something similar
thanks
seanny
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: 3D Technology Concept

Post by seanny »

dunno what you mean. The 3DS does use a parallax barrier though, and someone on this forum has also figured out how to do DIY parallax barriers for computer monitors: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8CHvX6WkbY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The trick to 3D, assuming we're not talking about holographic, is to send two unique images to each eyeball. 3D displays either use two separate screens, or some kind of filter (shutter, polarized, anaglyph, parallax barrier) to direct each image to the eye it needs to go. Is your design able to send a unique image to each eye without sending it to the other? If each eye can see both images, the 3D effect is destroyed.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: 3D Technology Concept

Post by cybereality »

The parallax barrier needs to be a physical element of the display. You cannot emulate this is software. You can read my tutorial on how to mod a 2D display into 3D using parallax barriers: http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.p ... 961#p55961" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; . I'm sorry, but the instructions are confusing. I am going to redo this tutorial at some point, just really busy.

Return to “Do it Yourself!”