New cheaper Nvidea glasses

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

New cheaper Nvidea glasses

Post by Okta »

http://blogs.nvidia.com/2011/03/the-num ... -only-149/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Today we are happy to announce an updated version of our 3D Vision wireless glasses kit for a new low price of $149 (US), $50 less than the original price. Plus, the glasses provide 50 percent longer battery life from a single charge, 60 hours compared with 40 hours before, giving you even more time of uninterrupted 3D entertainment.
Separate glasses for $119. Still too rich for my liking.
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Notch on the FaceDisgrace buyout.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: New cheaper Nvidea glasses

Post by cybereality »

The cheaper price is nice, just in time for me to get a 3D Vision Kit. I think the 3DS will be my splurge for this month, but I will probably pick up the 3D Vision glasses next month. I hope they are all they're cracked up to be.
tritosine5G
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by tritosine5G »

Smells like redesign is coming but I really hope they make something better than LC .

It would be a prestige thing too. People wouldn't have to resort to hack stuff.
-Biased for 0 Gen HMD's to hell and back must be one hundred percent hell bent bias!
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

If you want cheaper 3D Vision compatible glasses, you can have a look at the NV1 glasses from 3DTV Corp which cost $85 :
http://www.amazon.com/3DTV-Glasses-desk ... 25&sr=1-16" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Someone tested them on AVS and they are indeed compatible with the 3D Vision emitter, the reviewer didn't see any visual difference with the 3D Vision glasses. He also said that you can save about $3 on shipping if you buy them from the ebay auction instead of on the Amazon store.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

There are also the 3D Adventurer glasses, which are the Hong Kong knock-off of Nvidia glasses. They are wired, but include the glasses and control box for around $80 on eBay (less if you buy bulk). About half the price of the real Nvidia glasses. No idea on the quality, but I imagine they cut some corners somewhere. If you search "3d Nvidia Compatible" on eBay you will find the auctions.

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”