SQL Errors on MTBS

This website is for our members. Do you have some design ideas? Are there features you would like to see? What additions would drive this site forward? POST YOUR IDEAS HERE!
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

SQL Errors on MTBS

Post by Neil »

We are getting some reports about SQL errors on MTBS in the chat window. However, we are having difficulty duplicating the problem.

If you are getting this error:

1. Download and run CCleaner: http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2. Can you share your OS and browser versions?
3. Can you share a screencap of the error? Is the error the same every time?

Regards,
Neil
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Re: SQL Errors on MTBS

Post by Fredz »

With Internet Explorer 8 on MS Windows XP, each time I start it and type the address of the site :

When I refresh the page, the error is gone and the site is correctly displayed. I had this error last week with Chrome 9 but it has not been the case anymore for a few days, without having to change anything in its configuration.

With Internet Explorer 8, tried this :
- removed temporary files -> no change
- removed cookies -> problem fixed.

Didn't want to use CCleaner since I don't like the idea of a program messing with my data without having any control about what it's really doing in the background. And its GUI is pretty awkward and totally uninformative too.
Neil

Post by Neil »

The cookies error kind of makes sense. So that solved it?

Regards,
Neil
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

Yes, under IE8 it's ok now, didn't need to do that on Chrome 9 though. Hopefully it won't happen for newcomers and this solution should work for existing users.
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Finally, thank you Fredz! Clearing the cookies for MTBS3D has solved the problem. This also means that potential users (newcomers) would not be seeing this error at all, so that was most of my worry. So all you have to do is clear the cookies. I also have a plug-in called cookie-safe, which allows you to easy delete cookies for just the site you are on (and also other cool stuff like blocking cookies and stuff like that). So now the site works fine. Nice.
Neil

Post by Neil »

Mmmmmm! Cookies! :woot

Regards,
Neil

Return to “MTBS Website Ideas”