I-Trek 3D PC or Virtual visor from vrealities

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

I-Trek 3D PC or Virtual visor from vrealities

Post by ancjob »

Guys

I own Headplay , emagin z800 3d visor and (I-cine hi-res from vrealities)

So far best one from abv being Headplay bogged down only by reflective LCD and weight - however the LCD quality is great (almost eq to real LCD tv)

All i am looking for is the LCD like that of headplay [non-refective] and in sun-glasses style , FOV 32-35

Has anybody tried - I-Trek 3D PC [ http://www.vrealities.com/i-trek3dpc.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ] and Virtual visor [ http://www.vrealities.com/virtualvisor.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ] from vrealities .....

first pref i have is for I-trek 3D PC
1)which one of these has bigger screen ?

2)which one of these has brighter and vibrant colors ?

Anyone who has tried both the abv - plz advise....

thank you
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: I-Trek 3D PC or Virtual visor from vrealities

Post by cybereality »

I've never tried either of those headsets, so I can't really comment on the quality. However there are some new HMDs on the horizon like the Vuzix VR1200 and the Carl Ziess Cinemizer OLED which offer wide-screen displays and compatibility with modern hardware and standards. You are better off waiting for those, which should be out in a few months.
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Post by ancjob »

cybereality wrote:I've never tried either of those headsets, so I can't really comment on the quality. However there are some new HMDs on the horizon like the Vuzix VR1200 and the Carl Ziess Cinemizer OLED which offer wide-screen displays and compatibility with modern hardware and standards. You are better off waiting for those, which should be out in a few months.

Pal - interest in cinemizer OLED has waned out - as i already have emagin Z800 [800x600] but i am ok with reg LCD [headplay] than OLEDs -
OLEDs have one issue - low resol video looks pixellated and bad - unless you have DVD resolution the OLEDs do not really look that great - great brightness and low power are the only advantages....trust me ! - i prefer headplay over z800 - i wish headplay had been in sun glasses style.....with all that technology built in

regd wrap 1200 - yes - will buy only if good reviews in ....[ had bad exp with AV920]

really i like spending on these toys...hehehe
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Well I plan on buying the VR1200, so expect a full review shortly after they release.
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Post by ancjob »

cybereality wrote:Well I plan on buying the VR1200, so expect a full review shortly after they release.
well - i do plan to get wrap1200 atleast i do get 800x480 screens [better than VGA] and thankfully comes with IPD and focal adj..and 3 anaglyph 3d formats built in....as i have a lot of 3d anglyph collection also 35 FOV sounds good :)
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Really the VR1200 sounds like the best fit for you. Just keep your mind open, it may end up being better than you think.

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”