How will you view a blu-ray 3d movie

Talk about the latest 3D movies in the theater and at home!
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

How will you view a blu-ray 3d movie

Post by Dom »

Hi I have been waiting for the release of a blu-ray 3d movie for awhile now. The new 3DTV's had them but not everyone could buy the new tv to justify throwing out their older stereoscopic solution. Anyways I know powerdvd is not out yet for blu-ray 3d viewing but how do you suppose you guys would be able to view blu-ray 3d's on your current configuration. Taking into account you bought "Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs" 3D version. Please Share :)
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: How will you view a blu-ray 3d movie

Post by cybereality »

I've already realized there is no way my current system can play 3D BluRay. Sucks, but what can you do short of spending $3000?
skrubol
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by skrubol »

It seems to be possible, but may require workarouds with gray-area legality (ripping.) There's a short discussion on it over at videohelp.com
http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/3200 ... ything-how" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AntiCatalyst
Cross Eyed!

Post by AntiCatalyst »

well, at least here in Sweden it's totally legal to rip or copy your own movies and share them with friends, as long as you're not making money off it or sharing to strangers.

as for my 3DBDs.. There is still no way to play blu-ray 3d on my dual output 3D cinema, so i just DL all of them. It's much faster than ripping anyway.
(and yeah, around here it really is perfectly legal to go buy a movie and then hand out freshly-burnt DVD copies of it to all of your friends :mrgreen:)
"This is great!"
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Just want to give an update that I can actually play 3D Blu-Ray on my system (after I upgraded to GTX 470). I still have issues with HDCP on the Zalman, but I found some workarounds.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

We others have to rip them though. Anyway i'm in queue to get some of the 3d-blurays when available. Even if i can't play them directly as is now i do want them in original quality. Strange rules of a new civilization forces odd methods i guess...
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
Gae43
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Gae43 »

Well, I bought Monster House 3D on BluRay and I'm yet to see it in 3D even at a lower resolution. I tried the 3D Bluray ripper software and all it did was repeatedly lock/stop on my system. I won't be buying anymore BluRay 3D movies. If the big companies want to remane so exclusive and shoot themselves in the foot in the process, so be it. I'll stick to doing my conversions instead. :o

http://2d23dconversions-carnivalofsouls3d.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gae43
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Well this wouldn't be a problem if the Stereoscopic Player would support 3D Blu-Ray but I guess there are licensing issues to deal with (either from Blu-Ray or with HDCP). Hopefully Peter will find a way to support it. It would be great if this were possible since that would allow support of all kinds of alternative hardware (like the VR920 or my DIY parallax barrier).

Return to “3D Movies (Blu-Ray and Theater)”