Has anybody disassembled Zalman Monitor?

120Hz or Polarized, this is the place to share your findings on what's out there!
hseokman
One Eyed Hopeful

Has anybody disassembled Zalman Monitor?

Post by hseokman »

Hello,
Has anybody disassembled Zalman monitor?
I have 22" model, and I just realized that the polarization filter in front of screen might be little tilted.
It is not really aligned with pixels.
I see little ghosting on the right end and left end.
As I move my head up and down I can see ghosting disappears one end but it shows more ghosting on the other end.
Is it normal for this monitor?
Has anybody took the filter out of the monitor and re applied it?
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Has anybody disassembled Zalman Monitor?

Post by Likay »

I think it's normal. The alignment of the retarderlayer is really critical since it must be placed exactly in position. What i've heard it seems like the phenomenas are perfectly normal though.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Has anybody disassembled Zalman Monitor?

Post by cybereality »

Strange, I don't have that problem at all. The ghosting is pretty uniform from left to right, and is actually pretty low in general. What I get is some ghosting either on the top of the bottom (not both). So if I move my head up the ghosting will be on the bottom and if I move my head down the ghosting will shift to the top. It is very hard to get in a position with no ghosting, but with some content it is not noticeable at all. I would *NOT* recommend you try to open the Zalman and re-align the polarizing sheet. It is likely fixed to the panel somehow and who knows what damage will be caused by tearing it off. It is also very hard to get it aligned (as I have seen with my DIY parallax barrier) so even if you could take it off you might not be able to do a better job. All in all its just not a good idea. I mean, its possible you could do it. I'm not saying its totally impossible. Its just a gamble I would not personally take.

Return to “3D Monitors”