3d to optoma hd66 using dlp link not nvidia 3d vision?

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
wraslor
One Eyed Hopeful

3d to optoma hd66 using dlp link not nvidia 3d vision?

Post by wraslor »

first off system specs are quad core amd, nvidia gtx470, internal blueray drive, optoma hd66 3d projector.

Ok so here is my question: can I output over hdmi 3d bluray to my projector and use dlp link glasses? I really don't want to buy the nvidia system as I will not be able to play ps3, x360, games etc in the future when optoma puts out their 3d-xl adapter.

Thanks a lot for any help.
billqs
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: 3d to optoma hd66 using dlp link not nvidia 3d vision?

Post by billqs »

I'm new... but FWIW, Optoma claims you cannot play 3d Bluray on their projectors at this time.

Frankly, I thing that's a load of horse-hockey. Both PowerDVD and TMT 5 or TMT 3 with 3D plugin support multiple outputs for 3D. I would think all you would need to do is find out which format the DLP Link glasses uses (I thought it was checkerboard, but others disagree...) and have the software players output in that format.

Any further difficulty such as non HDMI 1.4 compatibility could be handled either through a possible firmware upgrade on the Optoma, the Optoma module you described above, and AnyDVD HD to clean up any issues that would prevent you from playing your legally purchased 3d Blu-ray discs.

Hope this helps.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: 3d to optoma hd66 using dlp link not nvidia 3d vision?

Post by cybereality »

That might be possible, but I cannot say for sure. There is a lot of confusion surrounding the DLP-Link "standard" so support may be dubious. See this thread: http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12091" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; . I think you will get it to work, but it will depend on the glasses. You will need that 3DXL adapter and then plug in a PS3. Then get some generic DLP shutter glasses with an IR emitter and plug that into the 3DXL. That will almost surely work 100%. With DLP-Link you may have issues with the eyes swapping (aka sync) which is not really desirable.

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”