How to get 3d working?

Share your experiences and learn about big-screen 3D gaming.
argentine
One Eyed Hopeful

How to get 3d working?

Post by argentine »

Well I just received my 60" DLP tv and hooked up my nvidia 3d glasses unfortunattly I have to wait 3 hours for them to charge but my question is on a tv this large what resolution should I be running at for pc use because I can't find a resolution to fit the screen also when I go to the resolution page it shows me the resolution I can choose and 29/30/60hz refresh rate how can I enable the 120hz refresh rate. it's currently hooked up via DVI to HDMI
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: How to get 3d working?

Post by cybereality »

For DLP RP TVs you use 60Hz checkerboard. The TV processes this and converts it to 120Hz. Ideally you want to do this at 1080P, however many of these sets require unorthodox over-scan resolutions to enable the 3D. I don't know the exact settings (they are different for each tv) so maybe try searching for the exact model number either here or at the Nvidia forums to find out more.
argentine
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by argentine »

I'll be sure to check into that but new question why can't I get the nvidia 3d glasses to turn on I have the emitter plugs all correctly plugged in and I have the emitter in good line of sight of where I am sitting but when I go into the setup wizzard I press the button on the glasses and I dont notice any flickering and in the test picture for hardware test I see the same from boss eyes I had my whole family test it to be sure it wasnt me and they said the same I had the glasses charging for over 2 hours now and waited for the orangeish light to stop blinking because that means they are fully charged are they faulty glasses or am I missing a step?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

You should have the emitter plugged into your PC directly on the motherboard (ie not using a hub) and make sure you have the 3-pin VESA cable connecting the emitter to the back of the TV. 3D may only be possible on one of the HDMI ports, try different ports. You might have to enable 3D on your TV using the remote control. Make sure you have a matching pair of the Nvidia graphics drivers and the 3D Vision Driver (although I do think on the latest drivers it comes together). Try restarting your computer.

Return to “3D Projectors”