Playstation 3 and Samsung LED DLP 6187SAX, Will this work?

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
chuckie59
One Eyed Hopeful

Playstation 3 and Samsung LED DLP 6187SAX, Will this work?

Post by chuckie59 »

I'm sorry if this has been answered, I have searched until my eyes hurt :?. My PC is almost 6 years old, ( I know... :oops: ) and I don't plan on connecting it to the TV. I have not been able to determine if the Playstation hooked up to the TV with a pair of active-shutter glasses will work by itself for 3d viewing. I have read that the Panasonic BDT100 Blu-Ray player will output in "checkerboard", and should work with the glasses, but if I don't have to buy an extra Blu-Ray player, I'd rather not. I have never got a clear understanding if my Playstation would work just as well. Does the Playstation output in "checkerboard"? Also, if it will work, does anyone know the best (and least expensive) glasses to start with? Thanks for the help...
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Playstation 3 and Samsung LED DLP 6187SAX, Will this wor

Post by Neil »

Check this out:

http://www.mtbs3d.com/index.php?option= ... &Itemid=77" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The second video should answer your questions. Does your HDTV have an HDMI 1.4 connector? This is what will determine your HDTV's compatibility.

Regards,
Neil
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

That TV should support 3D, but only an older standard called 3D-DLP, commonly known as "checkerboard". The PS3 and most modern 3D Blu-Ray players only support the newer standard, HDMI 1.4. So you are not going to get the PS3 to work on that setup. However there are one or two Blu-Ray players that output in checkerboard, so you may be able to view 3D Blu-Ray on the TV. You can also play the Avatar game or Invincible Tiger as those support checkerboard natively. But newer 3D games for PS3 won't work. Also, if you want to buy a new PC then you can play PC games in 3D using the IZ3D or DDD drivers.
chuckie59
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by chuckie59 »

Thanks. I guess I will order the Panasonic Blu-ray player, it's cheaper than a new pc.

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”