Anyone have any experience with SLR 3d lenses? (Loreo)

skrubol
Two Eyed Hopeful

Anyone have any experience with SLR 3d lenses? (Loreo)

Post by skrubol »

Loreo has 3 distinct S3d lenses for SLR's. They have a narrow interpupilary distance 'macro' lens (23-85 cm focus range,) as well as 2 standard 40ish mm lenses with 90mm ipd. Does anyone have any experience with any of these? The output is SBS portrait photo/video. With my camera I could get around 8Mpix (per eye) portrait photos (4Mpix cropped to landscape,) or up to around 900x600 video.
Seems like a way to get decent quality (hopefully) for around the price of the Aiptek 3d cam (for those of us who already own an SLR.)
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Anyone have any experience with SLR 3d lenses? (Loreo)

Post by cybereality »

I don't have any experience with the Loreo lens in a cap, but I have seen some pictures taken with it and they look decent. Check Flickr for some samples:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jbloggs2002/sets/1664056/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.flickr.com/groups/loreo3d/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
skrubol
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by skrubol »

I think the 9005 model is going on my Christmas list (and most likely I'll be ordering it for myself on the 26th.) From everything I've seen, quality looks acceptable, certainly better than the Aiptek output, possibly better than the Fuji W3 output. The biggest thing I see myself doing with this is time-lapse video, where the limited aperture won't be a problem (I usually use that range anyway.)
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

By nature guaranteed perfect sync is also a plus.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
skrubol
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by skrubol »

True, though from what I've seen, matching focus and color temp are not. I've yet to view any in 3d (more interested in the 2d qualities at this point,) so I don't know how convergence and alignment are.

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”