Current Official NVIDIA Stereo Support Game List

Discussion of legacy stereoscopic 3D gaming hardware and software (e.g. NVIDIA XP stereoscopic 3D drivers).
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Current Official NVIDIA Stereo Support Game List

Post by Neil »

Hello everyone!

The team at NVIDIA is hard at work, and according to my sources, the following is a list of games that work well with their upcoming stereoscopic 3D drivers. These have all been tested in DirectX 9 mode, and they are currently going through the testing process for DirectX 10. Remember, these are just games that have been officially tested; their drivers will work with additional titles as well.

Age of Empires 3 - Asian Dynasties
Beowulf
Blazing Angels 2 - Secret missions of WWII
BioShock
Call of Duty 4
Call of Juarez
Command and Conquer 3 - Tiberiam Wars
Crysis
CSI: Hard Evidence
F.E.A.R.
F.E.A.R. Perseus Mandate
FIFA 07
FIFA 08
Flatout
GTR 2
Guitar Hero 3
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2 - Episode 1
Half-Life 2 - Episode 2
Half-Life 2 - Portal
Half-Life 2 – Team Fortress 2
Maelstrom
Meet the Robinsons
NBA Live 08
Need for Speed Carbon
Need for Speed Pro Street
NHL 08
Oblivion
Oblivion - The Shivering Isles Expansion Pack
Race 07
rFactor
Star Wars - Empire at War
Supreme Commander
The Settlers - Rise of an Empire
Tiger Woods 2007
Titan Quest
Torino 2006
World in Conflict
Age of Empires 3
Civilization 4 (plus expansion packs)
Driver Parallel Lines
Fable – The Lost Chapters
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Lord of the Rings Battle for Middle Earth I
Lord of the Rings Battle for Middle Earth II
Madden 2008
Medieval 2 – Total War
NBA Live 2007
NHL 2007
Need for Speed Underground 2
Pirates of the Caribbean – At Worlds End
Spiderman 3
STALKER – Shadow of Chernobyl
Tiger Woods 2008
Tomb Raider - Anniversary
Two Worlds
Unreal Tournament 2004
World of Warcraft
World of Warcraft – The Burning Crusade

Regards,
Neil
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

No Battlefield 2 ?
- (one of the top 5 most played games)

but a good list apart from that :D
Ylleks
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Ylleks »

Ya, no Warcraft 3 either. But C&C3 should be fun!
KindDragon
Cross Eyed!

Post by KindDragon »

They don't support postprocessing?
Neil

Post by Neil »

For now.

Neil
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pixel67 »

Nice... Good to see some new info.

Now we just need to know supported displays and when!

Thanks for the info Neil!
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

Great list. So basically everything that worked before is going to work again :D
Maybe the fixed the multicore Bugs and something about Anomalies - I couldn't get NFS Pro Street to run without Dragon tools and graphic bugs. It's on their list, so I expect they fixed that :roll:

Time will tell :)
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
Znith
Cross Eyed!

Post by Znith »

I assume these are for the Zalman monitor right?
IZ3D~ My answer to S3D!
chrisdfw
Cross Eyed!

Post by chrisdfw »

Wait...isn't DirectX 9 not on Vista because it comes with 10?

Does this mean the drivers are not Vista only and will work on XP?
quadrophoeniX
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by quadrophoeniX »

No, there is a fall back mode in Vista....DirectX10 being backwards compatible doesn't mean it will work the other way round...
realized I created a profile with a somewhat dumb name (must have had a couplke of beers then) gotta change that...
changed it allready..forum doesn't seem to like Netscape though...
Mong
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Mong »

Meh!...I'm still purchasing the iZ3D on Monday morning. 8)

EDIT: Sorry I meant to say 5 mins ago, me very bad boy.
Mel
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

You won't regret it...

Post by Mel »

Mong wrote:Meh!...I'm still purchasing the iZ3D on Monday morning. 8)

EDIT: Sorry I meant to say 5 mins ago, me very bad boy.
Mong
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Mong »

Cool!!! :mrgreen:
nimotei
One Eyed Hopeful

Great News

Post by nimotei »

Great news, but when can we expect a release for these magical drivers.
I'm only going to buy a new PC with some Vizux glasses when they are released!

Stereo 3d is awesome, the next big thing. Just invest.

Cheers,
Neil R.
CarlKenner

Post by CarlKenner »

Nvidia are a bunch of crooks. If nvidia want to charge for their 3D game conversion software, that's fine. But they are legally obligated to provide drivers for their hardware (that we paid good money to nvidia for). For half the stereoscopic devices, rendering seperately to the left and right views can ONLY be done at the device driver level. (Note iz3D are rendering to two seperate VGA ports, so it is sort of OK for them, although iz3D still need the nvidia stereo drivers installed to activate some hardware features for maximum speed). To work with other hardware, nvidia need to provide proper graphics card drivers at a minimum.

This is criminally anti-competitive behaviour, and it means that other companies can NEVER develop 3D game conversion software for half the devices. How is eMagin supposed to develop 3D game conversion software for the Z800? They can't because they need a pin on the VGA card to be on when rendering the left view and off when rendering the right view. But only the device driver for the graphics card can do that.

Just because you are only receiving money from the companies that render to seperate VGA ports, and thus don't need the graphics card to have a proper driver, doesn't mean you should let nvidia get away with this.

Other companies like eMagin have a right to do what iz3D do and develop their own 3D game conversion software. But now they can't.

So nvidia needs to either: continue making their 3D game conversion software+stereo driver available to all hardware, and port it to Vista; or split off their 3D game conversion software from their stereo driver API, and provide the later for free to everyone who bought their hardware.
wuhlei

Post by wuhlei »

that sux I thought emagin had their own 3d driver can they fix this through the firmwire?
Albert Einstein
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination."
studio3d
One Eyed Hopeful

best stereo game?

Post by studio3d »

Hello,

My first post here... my name is Ron Labbe, I've been involved with stereoscopic imaging for over 25 years- my website is Studio3D.com. I've run DepthQ projectors, and just bought an 85hz projector (BenQ 720P) that works quite well. But I have YET to play a video game in stereo! I borrowed HALF LIFE2 from my brother, and after it took forever to load (with "STEAM") I found that I couldn't play since he's already registered it... I downloaded a DEMO of Bioshock which took forever, then only played CREDITS! (this is not fun!). It also said my 78.01 driver is too old for BIOSHOCK, so I loaded 91.31 (which looked like the latest available for the FX1300) but it didn't work. I've not had any luck with page-flipping except for 78.01 (though I just downloaded StereoE16250 which I should probably try). Now the only question is which game to buy? Thought I'd get a hint here, but when I went to see CERTIFICATION RESULTS (after registering), I get zippo for information! This is really not fun! (and it's supposed to be) :wink:

So, how about Titan Quest?

thanks...

ron labbe
studio 3D
Neil

Post by Neil »

I'm afraid you aren't going to have a lot of luck with the NVIDIA drivers with your current setup. For now, I recommend using the iZ3D drivers with anaglyph glasses (I know you own those for SURE!), and you should get a taste of what can be done until NVIDIA releases their next set.

I'm sorry about the certification list. We are going to be revamping that once the new NVIDIA drivers are released. For now, please feel free to use our forums and learn from your fellow MTBS members.

Regards,
Neil
studio3d
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by studio3d »

Thanks, Neil...

I'm not sure why you're advocating anaglyph only for this setup. I am getting page-flipped stereo with 78.01 drivers (with stereo apps like Stereo Photo Maker, etc). When I first setup pageflipping on a monitor, I tried a SIM CITY game and got stereo (though the game wasn't very good for 3D). Why wouldn't I be able to run a game in stereo on this setup? Is there a recommended setup for pageflip shutterglass stereo?

ron labbe
studio 3D
Neil

Post by Neil »

Hi Ron,

I misread your previous message in that I thought you couldn't get any games to work. The anaglyph option is great if you want to play modern games right away with all the eye candy on.

HOWEVER, here are my NVIDIA recommendations that I think you will be happy with:

1. The 94.24 Forceware/Stereo match is my personal favorite.
2. Some titles that will work really well for you include Doom 3, Far Cry, Fear (in DX 8 mode), and a number of others. You can get Far Cry as a free download now, so you should research that. Fear Combat as a free download also comes highly recommended because we play that multiplayer here regularly! :P
3. You should start some new threads for each game you are interested in, and we can all contribute settings you will need to use to get the games to run.
4. Download the Dragon utility from the downloads section. It may help with some post processing effects with some titles using the NVIDIA drivers.

Regards,
Neil
studio3d
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by studio3d »

Great! I'll definitely try the freebies... and 94.24 Is it good for all nVidia cards? (I have Quadro FX1300 on this rig) Hope it has the Classic Nav and Test Images...
There is one thing I'm unclear on- what is Forceware as opposed to the regular driver? Looks like one needs them both? Should one be installed before the other?
And, should old drivers be uninstalled (I've read both opinions)?
ron labbe
studio 3D
Neil

Post by Neil »

Hmmm...Quadro. I don't own one of those.

You need a Forceware (NVIDIA display driver) and NVIDIA stereo driver matching pair to get S-3D to work.

I think the 94.24 will work on Quadro cards.

It is always good to uninstall the previous drivers first. Make sure you disable on of your CPU cores if you are running a multicore CPU.

Regards,
Neil
studio3d
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by studio3d »

Thanks... if I uninstall the current driver, will it just go to default mobo video driver until I install new nVidia driver (always scared to uninstall driver!) OR do I uninstall, then install new before reboot? Sorry if this is the wrong thread for all this!
(I like Quadro because they have the direct mini-din out)
ron labbe
studio 3D
Neil

Post by Neil »

No worries.

1. Make a system restore point in Windows first. Play it safe! :P
2. When you uninstall the drivers, you will still be able to run windows, but it was be in 800X600 (I think), and you will just be using a standard Windows VGA driver until the Forceware is installed.

Regards,
Neil
Neil

Post by Neil »

I just wanted to add that I went through the downloads section again and WHAM! I had no idea there were so many dead links! Geeze Louise!! :shock:

Well, they are all fixed up. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Neil
studio3d
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by studio3d »

Nice...
Now on installation, which first (Forceware, driver, does it matter)? And, reboot in-between?
ron labbe
studio 3D
Neil

Post by Neil »

Forceware first. Stereo is always last.

Regards,
Neil
Spyre
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Spyre »

Flatout only makes the HUD 3D... the rest of the game is entirely 2D, but the HUD sticks out quite a bit. Any suggestions to fix this or is it just the way it is with this game?
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

with "no real 3D" problems allways try Dragon Utility:
http://www.3d.wep.dk/dragon.html

Get it here:
http://www.mtbs3d.com/dloads/index.php?act=view&id=17
b4thman

Post by b4thman »

What happend with Assassin´s Creed, Mass Effect, and Grid ?... these games doesn´t work in stereo3d here, and of course there is no information in the stereo control panel in Windows Vista. I have read that Grid Demo works very well using anaglyph... perhaps there is any solution that I don´t know?.

Return to “Nvidia Legacy Drivers”