How do you activate 3d viewing in the nvidia drivers?

men8ifr
One Eyed Hopeful

How do you activate 3d viewing in the nvidia drivers?

Post by men8ifr »

OK got the latest drivers but I can't see any options to enable stereoscopic viewing - how do you do it? I'm hoping win XP plus elsa glasses plus nvidia drivers will work...
men8ifr
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: How do you activate 3d viewing in the nvidia drivers?

Post by men8ifr »

Maybe the XP drivers don't have stereoscopic? Nvidia hardware is saying vista or 7...
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

Hi
XP works with 6 and 7 series cards and eDim/ELSA.
Vista/7 works with newer cards and 3D Vision glasses.
So You need Vista/7 and 3D vision if You have a GeForce 260 and CRT monitor.
men8ifr
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by men8ifr »

OK so xp is not supported neither is elsa glasses...

I thought I'd read posts by people using elsa or edimensional glasses over their nvidia ones because they were better.... maybe I read wrong.

Do the elsa glases need a signal from the graphics card to activate or do they work all the time when plugged in?

If my current combo won't work I think I'll give in on the 3D and buy a LCD monitor.
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

They need a signal from the graphics card.
You can get LCD's that work in 3D (with Nvidia's 3D glasses and Vista/7).
iondrive
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by iondrive »

if you have a 7 series card on winXP you should be fine.

You have to install 2 drivers, the regualr plus the stereo drivers.
I recommend you start with drivers 162.50 and stereo driver 162.50.
Then edit the registry for nvidia's control panel policy settings:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NvCplApi\Policies]
"ContextUIPolicy"=dword:00000001

right-click on the desktop and you can find the 3d subsection and go from there. It sounds like you're using a CRT with an E-Dimensional dongle. Is that right? Things should be working for you then as long as you stick to older games. Later, you might want to consider a newer setup like iZ3D, Tridef, or 3d-vision although they each have their issues.

You may have to run in single core mode if you have a multi-core AMD CPU. See the old-school nvidia section for more details.

http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=60" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Start with "Fixes for Common Stereoscopic 3D Technical Problems"

good luck.

The "newest" driver is not always the best driver.
3DJack
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 3DJack »

Hi All,

I've searched all of this forum but can't find anything that will help. I've just bought a new PC. It's...

Asus M4N68T
GTS 250
Windows XP Professional, SP3

I've installed all of...

91.31_forceware_3dstereo.exe
91.31_winxp2kmce_english_whql.exe
91.47_forceware_winxp2k_english_whql.exe
stereo-9147.exe

..and made the regedit "ContextUIPolicy"=dword:00000001.

I get the S3D controls on the nVidia Control Panel, but page flip won't work. When I click "Launch Test Application" I either see the test application in mono only, or the screen blanks and after few seconds the message "The nv4_disp display driver has stopped working normally. Save your work and reboot... blah blah blah."

When I installed 162.50_quadro_winxp2k_english_whql.exe, I got the message "The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit." From what I've read on this forum it seems I MUST have Widows 7 to use the GTS 250 card. Is that right? I checked that the GTS 250 would work with XP before I bought it, everyone told me it would. I guess they should have said "but not in 3D!"

I used to have page flip working perfectly on an old FIC VB-601 motherboard, a GeForce Fx5200 card, and Elsa Revelator glasses, but I can't get this new machine to work.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Jack
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

The last Nvidia graphics card to support the legacy stereo drivers were the Geforce 7 series.
Geforce 8 and newer do not work with these old drivers.

The new drivers support your card require Windows Vista or Windows 7 and they do not support the 3D revelator glasses : only 3D vision products (displays and glasses, see the Nvidia 3D vision official hardware requirements)
Passive 3D forever !
DIY polarised dual-projector setup :
2x Epson EH-TW3500 (2D 1080p)
Xtrem Screen Daylight 2.0, for polarized 3D
3D Vision gaming with signal converter : VNS Geobox 501
3DJack
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 3DJack »

Thank you BlackShark for your reply. So it looks like I have to put my new GTS 250 card in the bin and buy an older card. Which one will work with the available stereo drivers? I used to use 91.31_winxp2kmce_english_whql.exe and 91.31_forceware_3dstereo.exe with an FX5500 card and that worked perfectly. If I put an FX7600 in my new machine, could I install the same 91.31 drivers and would it work? (I can't put the FX5500 in the new motherboard because it's AGP and the mother board is PCIe.)

I looked at your Stereo3D gaming video footage link. The stills are okay, except that you've mixed parallel with cross-eye, and the YouTube clips come out as just two white dots? Can't see any of them?

Jack
3DJack
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 3DJack »

Ah! Just found the problem with your YouTube clips. I have to select 720p; then it's good! Pity I have to watch in anaglyph. When I get my shutter glasses working, I give it another visit. Posting these clips of games in 3D is great ‘cos we can see if they work in 3D or not. Excellent!

Jack
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

3DJack wrote:I used to use 91.31_winxp2kmce_english_whql.exe and 91.31_forceware_3dstereo.exe with an FX5500 card and that worked perfectly. If I put an FX7600 in my new machine, could I install the same 91.31 drivers and would it work? (I can't put the FX5500 in the new motherboard because it's AGP and the mother board is PCIe.)
My 7600 GT (AGP) does work with the 162.50_quadro_winxp2k_english_whql.exe and StereoE16250-[Guru3D.com].exe drivers under W2K.

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”