MTBS U2 3D Review!

Love it or Lump it - post your feedback to individual blog posts on mtbs3D.com
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

MTBS U2 3D Review!

Post by Neil »

Have you seen it? Was it the experience you wanted, or was it over the top? What theatre did you see the movie in? What worked and what would have worked better?

Regards,
Neil
gisabun

Post by gisabun »

Neil,

What they showed (declaration of human rights, Bono's bandana, etc.) was typical of U2 at (I'll assume) just about every concert on their last tour. Take away him talking a bit in Spanish or saying hello to the city (name), the footage could of been taken from anywhere.

Note: I didn't see the movie yet but you described what was in the bonus DVD to "18 Singles" [and I think the Vertigo DVD as well].
Neil

Post by Neil »

Hi Gisabun!

Yes, I know. I'm not saying what Bono did was unique to the movie. As you say, he probably does this at EVERY concert. It was just a weird experience. I mean, think of yourself sitting in a theater in front of a screen wider than your eyes can see, bolted in place by a roller coaster like bar so you can't stand up, and everything is super loud so you can't hear yourself think...and all you can look at is a 3D Bono motioning to you, his arms creeping through the screen...I command you!!! OBEY ME!!!!!

It was just so weird!

REDRUM! REDRUM! REDRUM!

All in all, it was a really good experience and I recommend you see it. It just amazed me how the S-3D twisted a small part of the experience.

Neil

Return to “MTBS Editorial User Remarks”