Xpand X102 DLP Link Glasses work with Nvidia 3d Vision?

nicholaslee21
One Eyed Hopeful

Xpand X102 DLP Link Glasses work with Nvidia 3d Vision?

Post by nicholaslee21 »

Can anyone confirm that the Xpand X102 or any Dlp-link 3d glasses will work simultaneously with the Nvidia 3d vision glasses?

I have the Optoma hd66 projector with Nvidia 3d Vision kit with one pair of nvidia glasses. Right now I can watch bluray 3d without a problem if the ir transmitter is near or directly in front the glasses. I want to buy 3 more pair of 3d glasses , I can see that the nvidia 3d vision glasses will be a problem if I use one ir transmitter. The glasses start to flicker a lot if I'm not close to the transmitter or directly in front of it.

I would really like to get the dlp link glasses so I wouldnt have to worry about the ir transmitter distance/flicker problem. I can't lay down and use the nvidia glasses without losing sync with the ir transmitter.
lish
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Xpand X102 DLP Link Glasses work with Nvidia 3d Vision?

Post by lish »

Anyway, NVIDIA 3D vision support the nvidia 3d vision kit only.
nicholaslee21 wrote:Can anyone confirm that the Xpand X102 or any Dlp-link 3d glasses will work simultaneously with the Nvidia 3d vision glasses?

I have the Optoma hd66 projector with Nvidia 3d Vision kit with one pair of nvidia glasses. Right now I can watch bluray 3d without a problem if the ir transmitter is near or directly in front the glasses. I want to buy 3 more pair of 3d glasses , I can see that the nvidia 3d vision glasses will be a problem if I use one ir transmitter. The glasses start to flicker a lot if I'm not close to the transmitter or directly in front of it.

I would really like to get the dlp link glasses so I wouldnt have to worry about the ir transmitter distance/flicker problem. I can't lay down and use the nvidia glasses without losing sync with the ir transmitter.
skrubol
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: Xpand X102 DLP Link Glasses work with Nvidia 3d Vision?

Post by skrubol »

I've seen other threads on here saying that DLP-Link works fine with 3d-vision (not sure which projectors.) You just need to keep the 3d vision transmitter connected to the PC so 3d vision will activate.

Have you tried changing the options in the 3d vision setup wizard? I had terrible flickering issues and my glasses would just totally lose sync every few minutes, but after playing around with the options I found a setup that works great. The options I'm speaking of are the '1 3d vision transmitter', 'multiple 3d vision transmitters' and '3d vision transmitter with other IR devices'.. or something like that. I originally had the 3rd option, and I think switching to the first option fixed all my problems.

Return to “Stereoscopic 3D Hardware Technical Support”