My Soul To Take 3D Review

Talk about the latest 3D movies in the theater and at home!
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

My Soul To Take 3D Review

Post by cybereality »

Ok, this review is going to be short. One word: Bad. This has got to be one of the worst movies I have seen in a long time. The acting was horrible, the dialogue was bad (but not in a funny way. Just plain bad.), the plot was paper thin and the whole movie lacked any redeeming quality. They might have made up for it with some gore and nudity (like in My Bloody Valentine) but sadly the film is rather tame. There are only a few action sequences and they are very short with little blood or violence really shown. You would hope for some nice long drawn out chase scenes or something, but there is nothing of the sort. Just a couple of quick, relatively tame, death scenes. I was really hoping for a lot more from Wes Craven, but unfortunately he does not deliver.

So how did the 3D look? Just about as bad as the movie itself. While it did appear that the movie was a native production (not a conversion), the quality of the 3D was not very good. There were only a few scenes that even had any noticeable 3D effects, and even then it was mild. Most of the film appeared to be in 2D. If they had gone all out of the 3D effects, like having body parts flying off the screen for example, then maybe that would have been something to see. However the lukewarm 3D treatment left much to be desired and wasn't enough to save this film. This seems to be a recurring problem with a number of recent films. They try to sell the film with the 3D aspect, but then don't deliver on the visuals. Audiences are going to get tired of these movies and probably won't want to pay a premium unless they are seeing some impressive 3D effects. Though it might have been worth the ticket price just to see the 3D trailer for 'Priest', which comes out next summer. Now that movie looks like 3D done right.

So again, the movie sucked big time. Don't waste your money.
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: My Soul To Take 3D Review

Post by Dom »

LOL ha I would have guessed that from the title and as stupid as I may sound I see all these movies that are coming out to be quite lame and lackluster and the holy 3dness of these films won't make it better with dumbness. The last movie I seen at the theaters was Avatar and even the story of that seemed dumb. I wonder whos thinking of all the scripts for hollywood cause they sure need some better writing influence.

And about the theaters in my city that are dumpy with flat fountain drinks, bad popcorn and uptight staff and nothing worth watching even in 3d makes me miss nothing by trying to spend 30 dollars for a movie night. I would rather spend that money on something tangable. The movies is like wasting your money on drugs. Nice 2 hour high then a big downer afterwards and worse if you got to watch a worthless movie. Its most likely aimed for teenagers who don't have the realness that adults have. Sorry if I seem crude but I only like certain stuff or its a waste of time.
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
mpage
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mpage »

Just saw this movie on Saturday. Absolutely horrible. Agree on all the points Cyber made. I just wanted to add something I noticed, and want to know if anyone else had this problem. In a lot of the scenes where someone's face was close to the camera at a profile angle, did you notice how distorted their faces were? The side of their face that was closest to the camera looked really misshaped.
Hardware:
3-D Display: Samsung 72A650
Video Card: HD5850
Processor: Intel Core Duo E8600 3.33GHz

Software:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
TriDef 3-D Experience
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Ah, turns out I guessed wrong. It was a 2D conversion. Wes Craven even goes on record saying they shot the whole thing in 2D and at the last minute the studio pushed it on him ( http://screenrant.com/my-soul-to-take-i ... enk-81487/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ). Another crappy conversion to add to the growing list. This has got to stop. But unfortunately they will probably keep doing it since suckers like me go to see anything with 3D in the title.
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

A visit to http://realorfake3d.com/ could have helped in this case...
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Fredz wrote:A visit to http://realorfake3d.com/ could have helped in this case...
Wow, Priest is fake 3D? I thought it looked really good. Maybe they just spent their whole 3D budget on the trailer...
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

If you have a look at the source view of the page and search for Priest you can find this link :
Screen Gems Converting Priest to 3D :
http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/02/05/scr ... est-to-3d/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “3D Movies (Blu-Ray and Theater)”