3dtv play on core 2 duo and GTX 460

Post your recommended stereoscopic 3D separation/convergence settings along with game performance recommendations.
triclops41
One Eyed Hopeful

3dtv play on core 2 duo and GTX 460

Post by triclops41 »

Will my 3ghz core 2 duo with a GTX 460 be able to play games in 3d at 720p with a good framerate? I have one of the panasonic 3dtvs and I want to make sure buying 3dtv play is worth it for upcoming games like Fallout New Vegas, 2 worlds 2 and witcher 2.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: 3dtv play on core 2 duo and GTX 460

Post by cybereality »

Yeah, that should work. Obviously playing in 3D is going to take a hit versus playing in 2D. But the GTX 460 should be just enough to play most games at moderate settings. I am using a GTX 285, which is about the same as the GTX 460, and I can play a lot of games in 3D comfortably. Of course, don't expect to play Crysis or Metro 2033 with 60fps, but many games will be playable.
triclops41
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by triclops41 »

thanks,
im just want to have the games i listed stay above a min of 30fps with high or highest graphical settings.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

You might have to adjust some settings (like turning AA off) but it should be playable.
cirk2
Certif-Eyed!

Post by cirk2 »

AA isn't realy nececary in most games, heavy performance impact wit nearly no visible improvement (except far distant views etc...)

Your setup will be sufficient for the most games. With my GTX280 Metro runs smooth (but with a bit low fps). But in metro you also can't fine tune the settings (Grr console games...)

Some games will be limited by your cpu, witch model is it? E8400? my E8400 runs good at 4Ghz, cooled by a Scyte Mugen. So you may want to consider OC for some extra bang, if needed ;)

Fallout new vegas will most likely use the oblivion engine in a updated variant, no danger for your system here ;)

for the other two I have no information, but since all game developpers are currently freaking out about console games I don't expect exordinary demands...
triclops41
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by triclops41 »

cirk2 wrote:AA isn't realy nececary in most games, heavy performance impact wit nearly no visible improvement (except far distant views etc...)

Your setup will be sufficient for the most games. With my GTX280 Metro runs smooth (but with a bit low fps). But in metro you also can't fine tune the settings (Grr console games...)

Some games will be limited by your cpu, witch model is it? E8400? my E8400 runs good at 4Ghz, cooled by a Scyte Mugen. So you may want to consider OC for some extra bang, if needed ;)

Fallout new vegas will most likely use the oblivion engine in a updated variant, no danger for your system here ;)

for the other two I have no information, but since all game developpers are currently freaking out about console games I don't expect exordinary demands...

Good point cirk,

I have an e6600 overclocked to 3ghz. I have the stock HSF, and am using a 500w OCZ PSU, so I am afraid of the heat and the wattage if I go any higher. I guess I will just wait and see, as I would prefer not to spend more money yet. But, as you pointed out, these PC games are nearly console ports, so I am unlikely to see my system challenged too much.

Return to “S-3D Game Settings (NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision)”